Ronaldo Injury Chaos

Del Juve

Adriano Galliani has allowed El Fenomeno to stay on in Rio to complete his recovery, but backed Milan's medical team.

Milan superstar Ronaldo seems no closer to solving his knee-injury riddle after it was revealed that he would be remaining in Brazil for at least a couple more days.

The former Real Madrid and Internazionale striker arrived in Rio de Janeiro on Friday to meet with Jose Luiz Runco, doctor of the Brazilian national football team.

This caused controversy in Italy, after it was reported that Runco was unhappy with the course of treatment that Ronaldo had obtained from Milan medical staff.

El Fenomeno received lengthy treatment on his knee throughout Friday night and much of Saturday and now Milan doctor Massimiliano Sala has flown out to Brazil to check on the condition of the club’s star marksman.

Speaking to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan vice-president, Adriano Galliani expressed his trust in the Milan medical team, whilst also giving Ronaldo the green light to stay in Rio a little while longer.

“Yesterday morning Meersseman (head of Milan’s medical team) telephoned me and told me it was probably better if Ronaldo stays in Brazil for another day or so and I gave my consent,†Galliani stated.

“I have all the trust in the Milan medical team. I do not really believe that by Ronaldo staying in Brazil for another couple of days it will really make a big difference in opening up the case.

"Nevertheless I am not entirely displeased. Of course, I am a little upset but on the whole I am serene about the situation,â€

Galliani added. It is speculated that there may be another reason as to why the World Cup’s all-time record goalscorer has still not returned to Italy.

As Ronaldo has a problem with his metabolism, it is believed that it would not be beneficial for the striker to have to endure two long intercontinental flights in quick succession.

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti had confidently predicted that he expected Ronaldo to be back in action against Siena next Saturday, although this now appears highly unlikely.

The Rossoneri currently have just three fit senior strikers on their books; Champions League hero Filippo Inzaghi, the goal-shy Alberto Gilardino and rookie youngster Willie Aubameyang.

Could there be another striker crisis at Milan this season?Gilardino to the rescue!! :lol: