Will Ferguson be given the armband back?

Bazza

Before it did not bother me too much. He was after all our best player, was always in the team, there was no other obvious candidate when |Klos went out the team, apart from dado who waas also in and out.

However, now my felings are very strong on this.

Ferguson has behaved with no dignity at all in this, and has acted selfishly.

It has also made me look critically at what his actual contribution as captain has been. Over the last two years I have to ask what that contribution is because I see no evidence of a unified team.

We heard last year they had downed tools. This year the dressing room is split. We can all see that there is a lack of effort and passion.

If the whole point of the cvaptain is to unify, to motivate, to inspire, then whatever Ferguson has been doing it hasn't worked.

After a while just continuing to shout becomes meaningless. Constant exhortations to run faster, to get into them, to dig deeper just fall on deaf ears. At some point, you have to be more intelligent in the approach to leadership. Ferguson does not have this, is not a leader, and is severely tarnished by this episode.

He certainly leads by example, in terms of his playing ability, but that would remain whether he is captain or not.

We now neede someone who is a genuine leader who underestands whAT IT TAKES TO GET THE BESTS OUT OF INDIVIDUALS.

Yes BF has been our best performer this season and i would never question his heart and love for the Gers but you can't ignore what has been said here and SDM's silence over BF's conduct/involvement should worry BF and all his backers.

Having listened to many opinions both here and on the radio I do not think BF is safe and if he does remain at the club i personally think it will be a disgrace if he is reinstated as captain - Unless Rangers come out and clearly state PLG was wrong to dismiss him of his duties and BF''s conduct was befitting of a captain.

The topic was briefly discussed on John Barnes football night last night on 5 and they likened it to Newcastle and Alan Shearer, as in a player being bigger than the club and that is a sad state of affairs.

SDM or the new manager can not let this incident be swept under the carpet, the fans deserve answers.

BF must either be backed 100% by Rangers or action taken against him i.e. losing captaincy and warned of future conduct or possibly even being sold, best player or not.

My own preference is Dado who would unite (the alleged) both sides of the dressing room.

Hope not........give it to Dado.

a fighter and a winner who knows who the gaffer is............

Agreed. Dado in the short term till he quits in the summer then leave it up to the new gaffer.

Hope not........give it to Dado.

a fighter and a winner who knows who the gaffer is............

Agreed. Dado in the short term till he quits in the summer then leave it up to the new gaffer.

(tu)