When will Smith/Coisty be confirmed?

cooper1989

I know a guy in the media who was writing up the story tonight, for use on the radio.

I won't say who or which channel, but expect the media to come out with strong confirmation stories tomorrow, not just rumour and 'we expect' stories.

I posted a few hours ago that Walter would be manager and Ally assistant. I began to have second thoughts about whether the source was 100% confident as to whether Walter was indeed the manager, and not going 'upstairs'.

However, I have heard from another reliable source that the two are most definitlely coming, It was my brother actually who spoke to this second source, I asked him about the roles, and my brother said that it came across as Walter indeed being the manager. The phrase 'Ally will be Walters side kick' was used.

Walter manager, Ally assisstant looks 90% certain to me.

Both of them arriving at Ibrox is 100%, no question.

Cheers m8.

Anyone think Walter will have taken on too much? I'd much rather see Ally as the Manager 'advised' by Walter.

We must remember Walter's Scotland committments -- which are pretty sizeable given we're top of the freaking group!

Oh yes, and we beat France. Remember that PLG?

Cheers m8.

Anyone think Walter will have taken on too much? I'd much rather see Ally as the Manager 'advised' by Walter.

We must remember Walter's Scotland committments -- which are pretty sizeable given we're top of the freaking group!

Oh yes, and we beat France. Remember that PLG?

The first source that I was speaking to was more of a good friend of Walters than a media guy, so I was having to be all, "wow, amazing, dream come true, etc etc........

But personally I'm not convinced.

Walter isn't as young as he used to be, does he have the energy for the day to day pressures that the Rangers job involves ? International management is a whole different ball game, two games every 6 months or so.

In the short term, I have no doubts that Walter can steady the ship and turn us around. He is a sensible option, I can see the attraction and the logic. But I do wonder whether Walter will be able to take us to where we want to be in the long term. We will see..........

My choice was Billl Davies, outstanding at Preston and has transformed Derby in 6 months (20th last season, 2nd this season) He grew up a ger, played for us for 6 years and hasn't hidden the fact he would love the Rangers job. He's a very talented young manager, extremely ambitious and would have the drive to drag us forward in my view.

However, it didn't seem to me like there was an outstanding choice that the Rangers support as a whole wanted, we were all split amongst half a dozen different managers really. So I don't blame Murray for picking Walter.

I think Walter Smith will step down as Scotland boss.

No offense to Scotland but he's a Rangers man, he'll jump at the chance to return the club to its past glories.

He won't need to if ally will be there , apparently i heard that he will supervise and be able to continue at scotland

Cheers m8.

Anyone think Walter will have taken on too much?  I'd much rather see Ally as the Manager 'advised' by Walter.

Oh yes, and we beat France.  Remember that PLG?

The first source that I was speaking to was more of a good friend of Walters than a media guy, so I was having to be all, "wow, amazing, dream come true, etc etc........

But personally I'm not convinced.

Walter isn't as young as he used to be, does he have the energy for the day to day pressures that the Rangers job involves ? International management is a whole different ball game, two games every 6 months or so.

In the short term, I have no doubts that Walter can steady the ship and turn us around. He is a sensible option, I can see the attraction and the logic. But I do wonder whether Walter will be able to take us to where we want to be in the long term. We will see..........

My choice was Billl Davies, outstanding at Preston and has transformed Derby in 6 months (20th last season, 2nd this season) He grew up a ger, played for us for 6 years and hasn't hidden the fact he would love the Rangers job. He's a very talented young manager, extremely ambitious and would have the drive to drag us forward in my view.

However, it didn't seem to me like there was an outstanding choice that the Rangers support as a whole wanted, we were all split amongst half a dozen different managers really. So I don't blame Murray for picking Walter.

Totally agree with your Davies bit (tu)

Walter smith will be the new manager and mcoist as his no2 this will be confirmed in the next 48hrs.both have held talks with SDM and the SFA.talking to a very close friend of mcoist tonight he said that everything was in place.so reading between the lines walter and ally will nolonger be part of the scotland setup.

Walter smith will be the new manager and mcoist as his no2 this will be confirmed in the next 48hrs.both have held talks with SDM and the SFA.talking to a very close friend of mcoist tonight he said that everything was in place.so reading between the lines walter and ally will nolonger be part of the scotland setup.

:lol::lol: class avatar

You are correct. All that is being discussed now is the compensation fee to the SFA.

Spot on

I've heard the exact same (tu)