press hypocrisy

yellowcross

The hypocrisy of the Scottish press never creases to astound me.

As we know Strachan made remarks on Friday about the "serial killer" mentality of the Scottish press.

Well, after the game on Saturday (which I had to leave early to take son to a sleep-over) I had the car radio on Clyde on the way home and Speirs and Keevins were discussing the "serial killers" comments.

I had to laugh. Apparently, they thought the comments were...unsavoury.... sinister... to compare journalists to serial killers - very unpleasant.... you never know what some daftie might do/think etc.

Keevins in particular was very disapproving of the comment.

For once I nearly phoned in:

"You pair of utter hypocrites...! One of you two said Ibrox was like a Nazi rally...! And the other one compared a Rangers player to a child molestor...! FFS - you feckin little twisted creeps...! It is ok for you two to dish out Nazi and Child Molestor slander about footballers/fans etc - but if anyone says press are like serial killers well then it is all oh so serious and offensive and dangerous even - ya pair of shameless, hypocritical t1ts."

what gers player was compared to a child molestor and why?

Speirs said Ian Ferguson had all the charm of a child molestor. Only Speirs knows why.

Point is: how can you make slanderous remarks comparing a footballer to a child molestor and also comparing Rangers fans with Saltires/Union jacks to a Nazi Rally - both of which are extremely ugly metaphors/ways to describe a player or support - and then be offended when Strachan says the press has a serial killer mentality...?

We know what the point of Strachan's remark was: The press are assassins with pens.

Do we know exactly why Speirs compared Ferguson to a child molestor or why Keevins compared Ibrox to a Nazi Rally...? Is there a point to that kind of slander/abuse - would Speirs/Keevins like to elaborate...? Or was it simply throwing bile and mud for the sake of their own vindictive pleasure...?

Anyway: utter hypocrites the pair of them.

:lol: I take it they pissed you of then!

Aye mate, but I won't let the bastards grind me down...!

:harhar:

:lol: I do like to try and make profound statements now and then!

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way."

Charles Bukowski