Gigi: Scots should be scared

lola

Azzurri goalkeeper Gigi Buffon insists that it is Scotland who should be afraid ahead of Saturday’s Euro 2008 qualifier.

Roberto Donadoni’s side travel to Hampden Park needing just a draw, but the history books suggest a tough test as no Italy side has ever won in Scotland.

While the Scottish camp has been very upbeat in the build-up to the game, Buffon is confident that the world champions will have too much for them.

“We could be afraid if we didn’t have experience, but the squad is full of players who have played in Serie A, the Champions League and the World Cup,†he told The Guardian.

“We won’t find ourselves under-prepared and if anyone is afraid it is Scotland.â€

However, the Juventus custodian was keen to stress his respect for the opposition.

“Perhaps compared to us they have been inferior technically, but from the point of view of character they have always had a good squad that can narrow the gap,†he said.

“As a goalkeeper I have to look out for the strikers and I must say that James McFadden is a very good player and Kenny Miller has also impressed me.

“These are top players. We aren’t playing against a side from the Scottish Fourth Division!â€

:craphead:

tbh i think the tallies are starting to get complacent. we will go into the game with no fear and it would be far worse for italy not to qualify than us!

it would be, but I dont think the one striker role for scotland is a good ideam, just my opinion :)

:craphead:

tbh i think the tallies are starting to get complacent. we will go into the game with no fear and it would be far worse for italy not to qualify than us!

it would be, but I dont think the one striker role for scotland is a good ideam, just my opinion :)

theres no guarantees that it will be 1 striker, it could miller and mcfadden up front. but we did beat france home and away with that formation so it might not be all bad :)