Novo contemplates Ibrox departure

dazzapat

Rangers striker Nacho Novo has admitted he may be forced to leave the club at the end of the season if he is not offered a long-term deal.

The 28-year-old Spaniard has been offered a 12-month extension to his current deal, which expires in the summer, with the Glasgow outfit.

But manager Walter Smith cannot guarantee the former Dundee player regular first-team football.

"I love Rangers, but I cannot sign for a year," Novo said.

Novo has hit six goals this season but is currently out injured with a dislocated shoulder, suffered during a bounce game with Middlesbrough.

And Novo feels he is deserving of a longer stay at the club who narrowed Celtic's lead at the top of the Scottish Premier League with a 2-1 win over Hearts.

"If it was down to me, I would stay here until my career is over, but it's not," Novo added.

"Next year, I would be in the same situation again and I don't deserve that.

"If I was 35 then I would say yes to a one-year deal, but I'm 28 and my fitness is good.

"The club are great with me and I've said that to my agent. It's frustrating."

Not sure about the wee man, work rate says he deserves more than a year but I just aint sure.

Work rate isn't enough and I wish people would stop talking about players giving their all as though it's the dogs bollocks.

We need quality and flair. Saturday proved how lucky we have been and showed the lack of quality throughout our squad. The only really great performance I have seen this year in the SPL was against Celtic.

We need quality and flair. Saturday proved how lucky we have been and showed the lack of quality throughout our squad. The only really great performance I have seen this year in the SPL was against Celtic.

Novo has more skill and flair than 95% of the players that played in the Hearts match.

It;s all tactics. He comes out with this article to, in his mind, put the preassure on Rangers to sign him longterm based on how popular he is with the fans.. i DON;T THINK HE WILL BE OFFERED A NEW DEAL..THEN AGAIN...WE OFFERED bURKE AND aDAM LONG TERM DEALS AND nOVO DESERVES ONE MORE THAN THEY DID

lmao we cant afford top quality and flair, it is a farce if the wee man doesnt get a 2 year deal

We have flair in Buffel who although was inconsistent, would contribute more than what some first team players provide anyway, for instance - Cousin, Adam, McCulloch (Debatable).

However, it is looking as though he will be leaving soon as well as a few others. Money will be coming in for possibly, Buffel, Boyd, Hemdani, Cousin and perhaps a few others. We also have money coming in from the CL.

I would definitely like to see a quality midfielder or natural winger brought in.

Novo has more skill and flair than 95% of the players that played in the Hearts match

I don't doubt that...Which says a lot for the players who were playing on Saturday.

I guess i'm just getting annoyed with all the talk about our players being triers. People seem to give it more praise than it is due. We had a team of triers on Saturday and we played absolutely shite but fortunately came away with a lucky win.