*** OFFICIAL PRE MATCH ANALYSIS ***

nvager

Inverness Caley Thistle vs Rangers at Inverness, Sunday 20th. January 2008, Kick Off 2:00 PM

Rangers currently sit four points clear of Celtic at the top of the SPL, both teams having played 20 games. Rangers have 47 points to Celtic's 43. Celtic play on Saturday at home to Kilmarnock and may well be only one point behind before the game kicks off.

This is another must win game as a win would again give us at least a four point lead and set us up nicely for the next three SPL games two of which are at Ibrox versus St. Mirren and then Falkirk, followed by an away tie at Kilmarnock. At the same time Celtic have three SPL games all away from home at Falkirk, Motherwell and Aberdeen. It is therefore crucial that we take three points at Inverness. It gives us a chance of building a larger lead over Celtic.

We have selection problems against ICT in that Hutton is suspended and L McCulloch may not be fit. It is a similar problem to the one we faced vs Gretna, so will Walter pick the same team? Perhaps, but Adam in particular does not deserve to play after an abject display. The defence was shaky vs Gretna and we must hope they all play better on Sunday. My hope is that Furman or Gow get a chance in lieu of Adam. I feel either would do well. Nevertheless I think Walter will make few changes. He may play JCD in lieu of Naismith or Burke, but nothing is certain. McCulloch if fit may replace Adam. I do NOT want to see both Adam and McCulloch in the same team as they both tend to be slow and ponderous, give the ball away, and commit stupid fouls.

This is a start of a hectic period and I believe we will do well. We seem to do better when the schedule is full.

The season has reached the halfway mark and our position this year compared with the last two seasons is remarkably better. Instead of being many points behind Celtic we are four in front. Well done Walter Smith, Ally and Kenny.

Will Walter strengthen when we are ahead? Good to do, but hard at this time of the year. Not much going to happen in my opinion.

If we can get through the next four weeks safely I believe we will be in an extremely strong position and will have a deeper squad with the return from injury of S. Smith and A. Webster.

Question: Will Buffel and or Gow get a chance in the first team? It does not look likely for now.

For further discussion on tactics and personnel see the Official ICT vs Rangers Match thread by MuffGer.

My prediction is ICT 1 -2 Rangers

Inverness Caley Thistle vs Rangers at Inverness, Sunday 20th. January 2008, Kick Off 2:00 PM

Rangers currently sit four points clear of Celtic at the top of the SPL, both teams having played 20 games. Rangers have 47 points to Celtic's 43. Celtic play on Saturday at home to Kilmarnock and may well be only one point behind before the game kicks off.

This is another must win game as a win would again give us at least a four point lead and set us up nicely for the next three SPL games two of which are at Ibrox versus St. Mirren and then Falkirk, followed by an away tie at Kilmarnock. At the same time Celtic have three SPL games all away from home at Falkirk, Motherwell and Aberdeen. It is therefore crucial that we take three points at Inverness. It gives us a chance of building a larger lead over Celtic.

We have selection problems against ICT in that Hutton is suspended and L McCulloch may not be fit. It is a similar problem to the one we faced vs Gretna, so will Walter pick the same team? Perhaps, but Adam in particular does not deserve to play after an abject display. The defence was shaky vs Gretna and we must hope they all play better on Sunday. My hope is that Furman or Gow get a chance in lieu of Adam. I feel either would do well. Nevertheless I think Walter will make few changes. He may play JCD in lieu of Naismith or Burke, but nothing is certain. McCulloch if fit may replace Adam. I do NOT want to see both Adam and McCulloch in the same team as they both tend to be slow and ponderous, give the ball away, and commit stupid fouls.

This is a start of a hectic period and I believe we will do well. We seem to do better when the schedule is full.

The season has reached the halfway mark and our position this year compared with the last two seasons is remarkably better. Instead of being many points behind Celtic we are four in front. Well done Walter Smith, Ally and Kenny.

Will Walter strengthen when we are ahead? Good to do, but hard at this time of the year. Not much going to happen in my opinion.

If we can get through the next four weeks safely I believe we will be in an extremely strong position and will have a deeper squad with the return from injury of S. Smith and A. Webster.

Question: Will Buffel and or Gow get a chance in the first team? It does not look likely for now.

For further discussion on tactics and personnel see the Official ICT vs Rangers Match thread by MuffGer.

Buffel might be called up as a replacement for adam, but apart from that i can see the same team getting put out against ICT

Buffel might be called up as a replacement for adam, but apart from that i can see the same team getting put out against ICT

buffel SHOULD be called up instead of adam. I really dont see how adam gets a game full stop but how someone as talented as buffel cant even make the squad when adam is in the first 11 is beyond me.