Samaras - DID WE MISS OUT

bringonthbarca

It was announced this morning that Giorgas Samaras has signed on loan to celtic. I was quite excited when we were linked with him the other day, do you think we missed out on a good young talent that o,k has failed to make an impact at man city, but could have came good up here? any thoughts??

Maybe I'm just worried that we need a replacment for cousin. Celtic have gone about it the right way, get him on loan and if he is useless punt him back. He is wanting back in the greece squad for euro 2008 so might rediscover his form just in time...

dont know if we missed out on his talents or not , but i know one thing - i'm F****n

sick of comin in 2nd best to they scummy bastards when it comes to transfers.

How many times have they done this now - it muct be what 6 or 7 times in the last 2 seasons,

i know the official line is that walter pulled the plug on the deal as he wanted samaras permanently

as opposed to a loan deal ; but that doesnt ease my anger.

I HOPE WALTER KNOW'S WHAT HE'S DOIN AND WE MAKE A COUPLE OF TOP DRAWER SIGNINGS PRETTY DAMN QUICK. :angry2:

It was announced this morning that Giorgas Samaras has signed on loan to celtic. I was quite excited when we were linked with him the other day, do you think we missed out on a good young talent that o,k has failed to make an impact at man city, but could have came good up here? any thoughts??

No because he's pish..

Nice name by the way.. Should u not be wearing one of these? : :ph34r:

I think he's got the tools to have a good career with a fresh start. But it sounds as though the option was there for us to go for him, and we decided against it.

Walter has been pretty much spot on so far in the transfer market since his return, whereas WGS has been struggling badly. I'll trust Walter's judgement on this one. (tu)

No because he's pish..

Before we played Barca.

No because he's pish..

If he was, he must be one hell of a phsycic

did we miss out - no way, this bhoy is pish.

come second to celtic to sign him - i doubt it. at most we sounded out a loan move, hardly a top target - and not a chance he would have got near our starting 11.

come second to celtic to sign him - i doubt it. at most we sounded out a loan move, hardly a top target - and not a chance he would have got near our starting 11.

Have to disagree with you on that one mate hes a far better all round player than Boyd IMO. Dracheville is better than him from what ive seen but i dubt he'll always be fit, so yeah i believe we should have at least loaned him.

I dont think we should be that bothered. I did think when i 1st seen him play for city he looked a decent player i will admit, but now his confidence is in bits and he hasnt played in god knows how long! quite frankly THEY are welcome to him!

Have to disagree with you on that one mate hes a far better all round player than Boyd IMO. Dracheville is better than him from what ive seen but i dubt he'll always be fit, so yeah i believe we should have at least loaned him.

lots of my family follow city - i have a linking for them myself - but samaras is a dud.

nearly all strikers are better rounded than boyd, but i still wouldn swap him for any of them.

Super ally could only score a goal - not much else - but we learned to appreciate and rever him in the end - boydy is the same mould.

No because he's pish..

Before we played Barca.

Yea I realise it looks like i'm a tim but more to the point how the hell do you change it????

He has looked a decent player at times but i believe he would've been a bit of a risk. Not sure if his style would suit SPL, reminds me of Gabby Amato, questions over his attitude also. Im not disappointed overall.

Not a huge risk when you're taking him on loan. If he's shite you let him go if he's good you have the option to buy him. Not much risk and for a 22/23 year old it would have been good business.

Lets hope he's shite.

i think hes a decent player but hes got a crap goals to games ratio. Man city are crying out for a striker so i dont think hes THAT good as he wouldnt be leaving if he was. I just hope we sign someone before the end of the fecking window. Quality though, i dont mean sign someone just for the sake of it.

No we didn't miss out at all.i think he's pish but if Cousin goes today as has been reported then we need quality up front ....Luke Moore or Marcus Bent...i know not amazing quality but would do a good job up here plus both have good pace.