Will we ever play in the EPL

Ricky

It's the truth, there will be a British Premier League soon after Cardiff qualify for the Uefa Cup and the English Premier League deny them access to Europe. Rangers and Celtic have already been offered a place (I know this from behind the scenes) and you can expect Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibernian and Motherwell to join us in the near future.

It's the truth, there will be a British Premier League soon after Cardiff qualify for the Uefa Cup and the English Premier League deny them access to Europe. Rangers and Celtic have already been offered a place (I know this from behind the scenes) and you can expect Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibernian and Motherwell to join us in the near future.

Unless u give us link or a name from behind the scenes :rolleyes: then sorry your word aint good enough!

As for Cardiff City they are part of the English FA and wouldn't get rejected if they made the UEFA CUP <cr> they have worked there way up the leagues,Rangers and Celtic have always had that option to work there way up from the Blue Square Conference leagues! doh

Cardiff City are part of the FAW therefore not part of the English FA. Celtic and Rangers would probably enter into the Premiership but only after the division is increased from 20 participants to lets say 24 after a long vote from all the English FA clubs. It would be in the best interest of top Premiership clubs to have them in the league to increase the TV money even further but not in the interest of Championship clubs or other clubs near the foot of the Football League with the possibility of getting relegated.

Cardiff City are part of the FAW therefore not part of the English FA. Celtic and Rangers would probably enter into the Premiership but only after the division is increased from 20 participants to lets say 24 after a long vote from all the English FA clubs. It would be in the best interest of top Premiership clubs to have them in the league to increase the TV money even further but not in the interest of Championship clubs or other clubs near the foot of the Football League with the possibility of getting relegated.

How do you feel about Rangers :rangers::rolleyes:

Guest johngers

I have just one problem with this.

Cardiff in the UEFA Cup? :no: I Just cant see it...

Sorry i stand Corrected

After a dreadful start to the season, Cardiff City look to have finally turned the corner, sitting in ninth position in the Championship table, just four points from the playoff positions. This weekend also saw the Bluebirds reach the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time in 14 years – but what many people do not realise is that Cardiff cannot qualify for European football. If Cardiff managed to gain promotion this season, theoretically they would be within shooting distance of European qualification, however the FA will not nominate a non-English team to represent England in a European competition. Cardiff City are actually members of the Welsh FA, therefore are allowed to play in England by way of an “affiliated membershipâ€. English officials claim that due to Cardiff being an “affiliated member†they can play in the Barclays FA Premier League, however cannot represent England in Europe.

There is no ruling however from Uefa preventing Cardiff from representing English football in Europe, as there are examples outside of Britain where this exact situation takes place – a Monaco side in France for instance, or even Lichtenstein representing Switzerland in Europe. As it stands, the English are having none of it.

So with Scottish Giants Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic citing a future move to the Premiership – the English FA may have to have a rethink.

Do you think the English FA should allow Cardiff City to represent them in Europe, if they qualify?

http://www.football.co.uk/football_features/story_298.shtml