Sir David Murray

plymouthranger

Your thoughts on SDM  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is he the worst chairman the club has ever had?

• Yes, by a country mile
    • Yes, but he has had the most difficult circumstances
    • No, he has put money into the club
    • No, we've had far worse

Selling our best player in LAST DAYS OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW,so we didn`t have chance to buy anithing quality ... Aye,rly don`t like him but worst isn`t the right word for him.

He actually accpeted the bid very early in tranfer window so it was only down to Hutton that the deal didn'yt go through till the last minute

But Hutton rejected Spurs twice and says he`s happy at Ibrox and he doesn`t want to leave.Then SDM were unhappy that Alan didn`t sign.And then.. SOMEHOW he change his mind and sign with them.Who do you think is guilty? WS and SDM were ready to sell him just in beginning of the transfer window.So i think SDM wanted Hutton to leave cause of big money and he made it. :angry2: I BLAME HIM FOR THAT!

Selling our best player in LAST DAYS OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW,so we didn`t have chance to buy anithing quality ... Aye,rly don`t like him but worst isn`t the right word for him.

He actually accpeted the bid very early in tranfer window so it was only down to Hutton that the deal didn'yt go through till the last minute

But Hutton rejected Spurs twice and says he`s happy at Ibrox and he doesn`t want to leave.Then SDM were unhappy that Alan didn`t sign.And then.. SOMEHOW he change his mind and sign with them.Who do you think is guilty? WS and SDM were ready to sell him just in beginning of the transfer window.So i think SDM wanted Hutton to leave cause of big money and he made it. :angry2: I BLAME HIM FOR THAT!

Rangers wanted the money .... absolutely !!! Hutton was a great RB but £9m for any player in that position is money you can't turn down.

IT was sound business sense to sell him, especially when you have an able replacement in the wings, already signed.

There should've been a 2nd option there:

Yes, as he's got loads of cash and bearing in mind the knackered state selic were in he's done a crap job! he's squanderred loads of cash and that cash went mostly to himself and his family - no other chairmen of RFC have had the oppertunity to take us to an unrivelled level...

Waste of our money waste of our biggest opportunity to be the numero unos of scottish football for decade to come.. will that oportunity come again?

Given the options for the poll i have decided not to vote. Had there been the "fantastic chairman for Rangers" option then i would have voted. But the poll is extremely biased with the most favourable option being "not the worst" - the options clearly show what the creator of the poll thinks. Pish poll tbh.

Sorry BP9 but asset stripping is exactly what SDM has done. The extent and effect can be debated but it has happened and to deny so is the flawed argument.

Albion Car Park - sold (to his son's company).

Edmiston House - sold (to a MIH company).

Catering - Outsourced (to a cousin's company).

Ticketing - Outsourced (to a MIH company).

Retail - Outsourced.

PR - Outsourced.

All this lack of club assets is one reason why there are so few interested buyers. There is little room for flexibility when one has no internal assets to work with.

As you say the to all these functions were SOLD (some outright and some franchised over time). SDM used periphial assets for the betterment of Rangers as a whole. The cash they were sold for remained within the club to try to keep building player funds - one could make an arguement that they have traded assets for assets (which depends on the players we buy LOL) - but to me to call SDM an asset stripper when the cash remains invested in Rangers is to show, at best a lack of understanding of the financial transactions involved, and at worse willfull stirring.

I note, despite the vitrolic on these boards from some, that a large majority on both polls (at time of writing) are positive towards SDM's stewardship.

And that's what gets me about this forum. There are so many people who have viewpoints so ghastly afar from the normal Rangers fan it is baffling. I mean, you argue Murray is not an asset stripper when clearly, in front of everyone, he has stripped away some of the most important assets the club has ever had whilst running the business side of the club into the gutter in the process. That has left us with no money and a hell of a lot less sources of income since the assets he stripped away were very good money makers for the club.

Murray got us into this mess by SPENDING OUR MONEY not his own and is now trying to get us out of the mess he created by SPENDING OUR MONEY and stripping the assets of the club.

Murray is a cancer inside Ibrox. A cancer that will kill us if left untreated.

He must go now and hand over to someone with half a clue about Football, The Rangers and our History, Heritage and Tradition. And most importantly, someone who feels no need to apologise to or pander to those who see a problem with the aforementioned.