I am not making a scapegoat...

Danny

Aye, even looking at the bench I'd rather see Naismith being given a run of games over a player who gives very little in terms of creativity. Sad really.

Strange. Thought you'd have said more...

Well if you insist Danny and I did wait until today before commenting so I may aswell do myself more justice. :cool:

Why is he consdered?

Maybe as he does win headers, where many think that is his primary objective, according to many folk and his work-rate.

But actually he doesn't win as many headers as first thought IMO, and when he was impressing with his aerial ability it was against full-backs that were small enough to out-jump. On Saturday, I was surprised to see Lee not even challenging for some headers.

Also, where does those headers that are won go? Most are not to the feet or near a Rangers player, either the header isn't good enough or we are not good enough to win the 2nd ball.

On his work-rate, it actually isn't enough as he doesn't have the skill to compliment it.

As Danny says, his role is getting less and less. His weaknessess particularly stand out when we are playing partcularly badly I feel. Lee's inability to show any pace, dribbling or outright skill means he becomes a 'passenger' in the side more often than not IMO.

Tbh, at the game, I thought it was Dailly, Thomson, Barry, Davis in a diamond and McCulloch up with JCD but it seems Lee was on the left but seemingly I was wrong.

Another reason why he might be in the team, without trying to be outright cynical, is he is a Walter Smith signing. Many managers like to play their own players/signings, it was their decision and their baby if you like.

To finish, could the reason he is often considered as he's - according to Walter anyway - the best of a bad bunch? Maybe Lee is a 'safe' option out of those more skilful options that Walter has at his disposal.

......and breathe :D

McCulloch has been crap. But then so has Naismith. And Burke. And Adam. And Whittaker. And Novo,generally, when played from the start. And Beasley is injured.

So Walter doesn't have options coming out his ears. McCulloch is big, strong and battles. He can tuck in and suffocate the midfield, or he can move high up and give us the only high ball option we have in the side at the moment with Cousin out.

That at least, I think, is the theory. I'm not a fan of McCulloch's, quite the opposite. But I have sympathy with Walter because our wide options are awful at the moment. Nobody is screaming out to be given a start wide left at the moment. So if in doubt, Walter goes down the hardwork and muscle route.

I think you take an incredibly harsh view on Naismith.

I don't know how ANY player would do well playing one game out of three, on his wrong side in an un-natural position. He plays his best as a striker, although he's okay as an right sided forward in a front three.

So where do we play him? On the LEFT of a defensive midfield, it's crazy. We're ruining that boy.

I 100% agree, Naisy is a talent, and I for one think great strike partner for Boyd, but it will never happen! I hope he gets a chance up front next season as I am a big fan of him

McCulloch has very much gone off the boil since he was sent off against Aberdeen, and then subsequently got injured.

Personally I think a huge part of it is that he is still struggling with injury. It's been hampering him for months and perhaps it has become/is becoming something more serious as he continues to play games.

However I also think this constant switching between midfield and attack isn't helping his game either. For the record I also think Whittaker and Naimsith are struggling becuase of playing out of position but thats not the topic here.

We can all say but "LM's a striker too" but so was Christian Dailly once upon a time. Despite his, how do I put it, lack of elegance McCulloch became a midfielder when he played for Wigan and that IMO was a masterstroke by Paul Jewell as he became a better and more effective player as a result of it.

The lower leagues in England, much like our league are direct and played at 100 mph and having a physical outlet like him in the side is never going to be a bad thing in those conditions. When he was getting praised early in the season, correctly if you look at his assist/goal return then, he IMO showed that despite not being pleasing on the eye he is best coming from the wide areas.

As most people know I am a big LM fan, but even I think we should drop him for now, let him recharge his batteries and then play him steadily in one position from then on in.

I am a big LM fan, but even I think we should drop him for now, let him recharge his batteries and then play him steadily in one position from then on in.

The bench :D

Has McCulloch not had this thigh injury for pretty much the whole of the season. The injury that he had at the tale end of last season???

I am a big LM fan, but even I think we should drop him for now, let him recharge his batteries and then play him steadily in one position from then on in.

The bench :D

Has McCulloch not had this thigh injury for pretty much the whole of the season. The injury that he had at the tale end of last season???

You might be shocked to hear me say it but if we invest in the summer then yes I think he should probably become a squad player (tu)

I have no idea how long it's been affecting him, but i think it is starting to hamper him big time.