I am not making a scapegoat...

Danny

But after initially impressing for a couple of months, Lee McCulloch has become a total nothing.

He is contributing zero to games. And I can't see any role for him at all.

Why is he even considered?

he was either unfit today or just plain lazy, did anyone see him in the 2nd half dilly dallying about the centre circle when the rest of the team was up at hibs' 18 yard box.

im a fan of the big man usually but poor show lee.

McCulloch has been crap. But then so has Naismith. And Burke. And Adam. And Whittaker. And Novo,generally, when played from the start. And Beasley is injured.

So Walter doesn't have options coming out his ears. McCulloch is big, strong and battles. He can tuck in and suffocate the midfield, or he can move high up and give us the only high ball option we have in the side at the moment with Cousin out.

That at least, I think, is the theory. I'm not a fan of McCulloch's, quite the opposite. But I have sympathy with Walter because our wide options are awful at the moment. Nobody is screaming out to be given a start wide left at the moment. So if in doubt, Walter goes down the hardwork and muscle route.

Guest The Brown Brogue

I agree totally mate, I dont think its making him a scapegoat at all as I don't think anyone can honestly say hes deserving of a place in that team right now.

He brings nothing to the side, and as has been pointed out countless times on here we are a worse team with him in it.

It's no wonder the players are looking tired, with McCulloch on at times it is like playing with a man down.

Like you say he started brightly, but is not mobile (or left footed) enough to play as a left midfielder, and lacks the savvy and finishing prowess to play as a forward.

Watch what your posting here m8 i posted much the same thing 3 months ago and got called for everything that walked and crawled i think he has got some lovechilds on here just a fair waning

Guest The Brown Brogue
I can be more forgiving if someone like Novo or Davis have a bad game cause at least they try and are commited to the cause but Burke and McCulloch are two lazy bs that really really don't give a damn.

I disagree with that, I think McCulloch tries and I would never call him lazy, he's just not mobile or good enough.

I can be more forgiving if someone like Novo or Davis have a bad game cause at least they try and are commited to the cause but Burke and McCulloch are two lazy bs that really really don't give a damn.

I disagree with that, I think McCulloch tries and I would never call him lazy, he's just not mobile or good enough.

The lack of movement and positioning from him seems so consistant though, its been like this for ages and that last week was one the worst penalties i've ever seen in a while. Maybe you're right and hes just not a good enough footballer, but i just don't think he puts in the type of effort that Novo and Davis put in per say. And Nacho at the end of the day isn't the most skilled player in the world.

wish he wud play like he did in the EPL, left wing, cut inside and left that rasper of a right foot score a few crackers, he has been useless thus far i feel he shud be contributing more goals.

Guest The Brown Brogue

The lack of movement and positioning from him seems so consistant though, its been like this for ages and that last week was one the worst penalties i've ever seen in a while. Maybe you're right and hes just not a good enough footballer, but i just don't think he puts in the type of effort that Novo and Davis put in per say. And Nacho at the end of the day isn't the most skilled player in the world.

I see what your saying mate, and yeah I think at times it can appear like that.

But I think watching some of his attempted tackles and headers it just seems to me that he is trying his hardest to get the ball but is lacking a couple of yards or pace or the speed of thought to do so.

I don't know if hes ever played this many big games in a season before and if that has taken its toll on him, or even if hes suffering from a crisis of confidence. Bu whether its lack of ability or as you say lack of effort, I think its agreed that we simply can;t afford to have any passengers in our side, especially at this stage of the season where every game is a must win.

He is a cart horse and has contributed zero this season. Couldn't even stick away his penalty last Sunday.

Left-mid must be one of the positions Walter is looking at strengthening next season.

If only we had a Van Bronckhorst (or Albertz).

Aye, even looking at the bench I'd rather see Naisnith being given a run of games over a player who gives very little in terms of creativity. Sad really.

Aye, even looking at the bench I'd rather see Naisnith being given a run of games over a player who gives very little in terms of creativity. Sad really.

Strange. Thought you'd have said more...

But after initially impressing for a couple of months, Lee McCulloch has become a total nothing.

I must admit Danny i have rarely agreed with things you say but the past weeks i have found myself agreeing more and more and i agree 100% on this one!!

Hes supposed to be either a winger, striker or a target man but he cant do any of them well IMO!

He was good in the EPL but there is more space and time on the ball down there and i think he just cant cope up here.

He does win the ball a quite often, but more often than not hes beating fullbacks or wingers to the ball and most fullbacks or wingers i can think of arent very good in the air. Anytime he has played against a half decent CB he is garbage!

Smith and co must see the same as us and it will sink in eventually as it has with Adam IMO. Next season i cant see McCulloch being involved as much if at all!

I must admit Danny i have rarely agreed with things you say but the past weeks i have found myself agreeing more and more and i agree 100% on this one!!

Hes supposed to be either a winger, striker or a target man but he cant do any of them well IMO!

He was good in the EPL but there is more space and time on the ball down there and i think he just cant cope up here.

He does win the ball a quite often, but more often than not hes beating fullbacks or wingers to the ball and most fullbacks or wingers i can think of arent very good in the air. Anytime he has played against a half decent CB he is garbage!

Smith and co must see the same as us and it will sink in eventually as it has with Adam IMO. Next season i cant see McCulloch being involved as much if at all!

they cannot watch the same game or he would be nowhere near the team

form should keep you in the rangers team , not favouritism , loyalty to players like this could cost us the league

Aye, even looking at the bench I'd rather see Naismith being given a run of games over a player who gives very little in terms of creativity. Sad really.

Strange. Thought you'd have said more...

Well if you insist Danny and I did wait until today before commenting so I may aswell do myself more justice. :cool:

Why is he consdered?

Maybe as he does win headers, where many think that is his primary objective, according to many folk and his work-rate.

But actually he doesn't win as many headers as first thought IMO, and when he was impressing with his aerial ability it was against full-backs that were small enough to out-jump. On Saturday, I was surprised to see Lee not even challenging for some headers.

Also, where does those headers that are won go? Most are not to the feet or near a Rangers player, either the header isn't good enough or we are not good enough to win the 2nd ball.

On his work-rate, it actually isn't enough as he doesn't have the skill to compliment it.

As Danny says, his role is getting less and less. His weaknessess particularly stand out when we are playing partcularly badly I feel. Lee's inability to show any pace, dribbling or outright skill means he becomes a 'passenger' in the side more often than not IMO.

Tbh, at the game, I thought it was Dailly, Thomson, Barry, Davis in a diamond and McCulloch up with JCD but it seems Lee was on the left but seemingly I was wrong.

Another reason why he might be in the team, without trying to be outright cynical, is he is a Walter Smith signing. Many managers like to play their own players/signings, it was their decision and their baby if you like.

To finish, could the reason he is often considered as he's - according to Walter anyway - the best of a bad bunch? Maybe Lee is a 'safe' option out of those more skilful options that Walter has at his disposal.

McCulloch has been crap. But then so has Naismith. And Burke. And Adam. And Whittaker. And Novo,generally, when played from the start. And Beasley is injured.

So Walter doesn't have options coming out his ears. McCulloch is big, strong and battles. He can tuck in and suffocate the midfield, or he can move high up and give us the only high ball option we have in the side at the moment with Cousin out.

That at least, I think, is the theory. I'm not a fan of McCulloch's, quite the opposite. But I have sympathy with Walter because our wide options are awful at the moment. Nobody is screaming out to be given a start wide left at the moment. So if in doubt, Walter goes down the hardwork and muscle route.

I think you take an incredibly harsh view on Naismith.

I don't know how ANY player would do well playing one game out of three, on his wrong side in an un-natural position. He plays his best as a striker, although he's okay as an right sided forward in a front three.

So where do we play him? On the LEFT of a defensive midfield, it's crazy. We're ruining that boy.