Chesney Defends His Side

Kermit

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan believes that his side deserve to be in the Scottish Cup semi-finals and closer to league leaders Rangers.

"Overall, there's absolutely no doubt that we should have won our last five games," he told Celtic View.

"Anyone with any sense of fairness would agree with that.

"That's not skipping around anything. I'm having difficulty explaining the results to players and they are all sitting scratching their heads."

Celtic have won just one of their last seven games - a 3-0 defeat of relegated Gretna.

And the reigning champions have slipped seven points behind Rangers in the Scottish Premier League and suffered a cup exit at the hands of Aberdeen.

It has led to calls from a section of the Celtic support for Strachan to leave the club, despite him having led them to two titles in a row.

But Strachan gave no indication that he was giving up the fight.

"The consoling factor for me at the moment is that I can go on to the training ground on a Monday and say, 'I like working with you guys. You are all good football players and you are doing a lot of things right'," he said.

"Unfortunately, at this moment in time, we're not winning games."

:craphead: So much to laugh at there...

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan believes that his side deserve to be in the Scottish Cup semi-finals and closer to league leaders Rangers.

"Overall, there's absolutely no doubt that we should have won our last five games," he told Celtic View.

"That's not skipping around anything. I'm having difficulty explaining the results to players and they are all sitting scratching their heads."

Celtic have won just one of their last seven games - a 3-0 defeat of relegated Gretna.

And the reigning champions have slipped seven points behind Rangers in the Scottish Premier League and suffered a cup exit at the hands of Aberdeen.

It has led to calls from a section of the Celtic support for Strachan to leave the club, despite him having led them to two titles in a row.

"The consoling factor for me at the moment is that I can go on to the training ground on a Monday and say, 'I like working with you guys. You are all good football players and you are doing a lot of things right'," he said.

I do enjoy it when their paranoia gets to delusional levels.

Yes, and you're really 6'6" Mister Strachan. :rolleyes:

Gorilla%20Scratching%20Its%20Head.jpg

this guy is seriously gettin annoyin. how many times can he use shitty excuses to hide the fact he's having a very poor season.

Rangers deserve to be way ahead with our consistancy. We've smashed old records of being undeafted and added to our tally of beatin the old firm.

Face facts bawhum, you're tactics are shite... you're team's shite.

now lets all do the bouncy!!

What is he wanting - points for trying? Sounds like Chesney has finally figured out where I've known they've belonged for years. The special olympics.

"Celtic have won just one of their last seven games - a 3-0 defeat of relegated Gretna"...

:lol::lol::lol:

even that game they were awful and 3-0 flattered them gretna missed a couple of good chances.

It's funny how he never mentioned the games they won but didn't deserve to. gretna when they scored 2 goals in the last 4 minutes. Spartak Moscow on pens when they were played off the park. There must have been others this season as well.

It's funny how he never mentioned the games they won but didn't deserve to. gretna when they scored 2 goals in the last 4 minutes. Spartak Moscow on pens when they were played off the park. There must have been others this season as well.

probably didn't mention them because there was a time limit on the interview. would take years to list all the games that they have won that they didn't deserve to.

However, to be consistent, if another team has you on the ropes but you still score more goals, then you are the winner and they should be angry at themselves, not the result.