This is no small deal to Fiorentina

Danny

They're a big side and they have pretentions of CL football next season, but they are treating the Uefa Cup and us with total respect - they really wanna win it. A look on their front page shows they're completely focused on it.

Plus they're selling combination Rangers/Fio scarves and jerseys.

The Rangers jersey-Fiorentina - April 24, 2008 and scarf will be available exclusively in the shop Journal of Settesanti Fiorentina in Florence.

Be interesting if we forged a 'speshal' relationship with them.

Every team brings out combine scarfs in a European competition, cue Gers fans running around with part Rangers, part Bremen (or Panathinaikos) scarfs :rolleyes:

Manti: Florence has a very famous Protestant cemetary. However, it seems that the club Fiorentina has a statue of a kafflik figure (The Holy Virgin I think) inside the ground, so far for the proddy team :)

Supposedly one of the few "proddy" teams in serie A.There was a thread bout it not long ago
People are always saying that certain teams are protestant or catholic but it's never the case. Outside of the old firm and ulster i wouldnt say there are any. People say Chelsea are but there's plenty of Catholics that follow them.
Supposedly one of the few "proddy" teams in serie A.There was a thread bout it not long ago
People are always saying that certain teams are protestant or catholic but it's never the case. Outside of the old firm and ulster i wouldnt say there are any. People say Chelsea are but there's plenty of Catholics that follow them.

Plenty of Catholics will follow Rangers too....

Plenty of Catholics will follow Rangers too....

True, but they are the minority, I know a lot of Rangers fans and only one is Catholic. We do however have a protestant heritage that doesnt exist in most of the clubs people call protestant.