The RM Rangers Sunday Quiz

Coopermania

1. In the 1972 European run, which opposing manager said Rangers played " Anti-Football ?

2. In the same run, a bizzare decision by a referee to overrule the decision of Penalties in the tie between Rangers and Sporting Lisbon left Rangers with a place in the next round, But what nationallity was the referee that day?

3. Dick Advocaat's first SPL Match as manager of Rangers was against which team?

4. Who scored Rangers 5000th League goal?

5. In season 1898/99 Rangers played 23 games winning 22 and losing just one, which players played every single game for us during this spell?

6. What season was the first "league split"?

7. What was Rangers 100th major trophy?

8. What goal scoring record did Marco Negri set in 1997-98?

9. Who was the only player to sign TWICE for Rangers under the legend BILL STRUTH?

10. In the 1939-40 season, after how many games was the league called off / cancelled?

No 5 is Matthew Dickie I think but you fail to mention the 1998-99 Season Rangers won every League game which is a record to this day ???????? :sherlock:

I didnt set the questions BLUE. Hawk and Ricksen are running this. Im just the messenger :lol:

I wish they would get their arses on here.

No 5 is Matthew Dickie I think but you fail to mention the 1998-99 Season Rangers won every League game which is a record to this day ???????? :sherlock:

I didnt set the questions BLUE. Hawk and Ricksen are running this. Im just the messenger :lol:

Nae problem Coop they'll learn ! ;):lol::sherlock:

Matthew Dickie is right BLUE, and there was one more player.

There was 18 League games played that Season and Rangers won them all and the followin players played every League Game Matthew Dickie, Neil Gibson, Robert G. Neil, Robert C. Hamilton and Alexander Smith ! Looks as though there was more than 2 ? :sherlock:

PS - No 6 is 2000-2001.

There was 18 League games played that Season and Rangers won them all and the followin players played every League Game Matthew Dickie, Neil Gibson, Robert G. Neil, Robert C. Hamilton and Alexander Smith ! Looks as though there was more than 2 ? :sherlock:

PS - No 6 is 2000-2001.

correct on No. 6 (tu)

[

PS - No 6 is 2000-2001.

correct on No. 6 (tu)

Would love to stay Coops but I'm off to the game and gonna get wrecked so here's to a result and mcgweedy gettin kerried aff ! WATP. ;):sherlock:

Guest johngers
8. Negri was the first to have scored 7 goals in as many games I think?

I have a different answer, but youre on the right lines John.

Is it the record for the most amount of hat tricks in a season?

8. Negri was the first to have scored 7 goals in as many games I think?

I have a different answer, but youre on the right lines John.

Is it the record for the most amount of hat tricks in a season?

not the answer I have here John.

Im gonna kill hawk. Hes supposed to be here doing this !! :lol:

PS - No 6 is 2000-2001.

To clarify, WE ALSO played 5 Scottish cup games and only 2 players played all league & cup games ;)

The other answer was the Rennes manager answered by someone in the thread, just RDB wisnae "too" sure on the name, so team will do ;)

Ok, here are the answers sent to me by hawk and ricksen.

Ricksen is away, but hawk was supposed to do this.

Anyway, here are the the answers hawk sent.

1. In the 1972 European run, an opposing manager said Rangers played " Anti-Football " Team Name will do, Bonus Point for Managers name maybe?

A:Rennes, Managers Name : René Cédolin i believe it was, not 100% though, im pretty sure though it was him.

2. In the same run, a bizzare decision by a referee to overrule the decision of Penalties in the tie between Rangers and Sporting Lisbon left Rangers with a place in the next round, But what nationallity was the referee that day?

A:Dutch

3. Dick Advocaats First SPL Match as manager of Rangers was against which team?

A:Hearts

4 Who scored Rangers 5000th League goal?

A:Alex Scott against Ayr united in 1961

5. In season 1898/99 Rangers played 23 games winning 22 and losing just one, which players played every single game for us during this spell?

A:Mathew Dickie and Robert Hamilton

6. What season was the first "league split"?

A: 2000-01

7: What was Rangers 100th major trophy?

A: Scottish Cup, *(1999-00)

8: What goal scoring record did Marco Negri set in 1997-98?

A: Scoring in 10 consecutive LEAGUE matches.

9: Who was the only player to sign TWICE for Rangers under the legend BILL STRUTH?

A: Torry Gillick

10: In the 1939-40 season, after how many games was the league called off / cancelled?

A: 5, (Rangers were 1st with 4 wins and 1 draw)