Cuellar Hits Out

deviltrout

Spain and italy rarely pick players who dont play in their respective leagues. Spain have only recently started selecting players who play in england as some of their best like torres have moved there. i doubt cuellar will ever get picked for spain while playing for rangers as they see the scottish league as very poor quality.

That's right. It is blindingly obvious that Cuellar is much less likely to attract the attention of Spain's management while playing in Scotland.

Love the start....

Carlos Cuellar was the toast of Scottish football two weeks ago when the Rangers midfielder was named the SPL Player of the Year but no one still seems to know his name in his native Spain.

From this article I'm reminded of a certain M. Arteta's comments made shortly before he returned to Spain in order to get a place in the national team, only to then very shortly after sign for Everton.

He has not said he wants to leave, but if his personal achievements don't bring his home notoriety up his tune may change.

I just hope he values his time at Rangers more than a national place. Time will tell.

It's not nitpicking old fucking bean.

Temper, temper :)

Cuellar has not been in the press slagging/hitting out/attacking the Spanish manager....OK?

You're the only one bothered about this old bean :pipe:

I seem to remember you moaning about the BBC doing this.

Yes, the BBC - a respected national broadcaster...

While I can understand the press doing it, I fail to see why a Rangers fan would.

...not a Rangers fan.

Spain and italy rarely pick players who dont play in their respective leagues. Spain have only recently started selecting players who play in england as some of their best like torres have moved there. i doubt cuellar will ever get picked for spain while playing for rangers as they see the scottish league as very poor quality.

The sad truth is King Carlos joined us aged 25 without a cap to his name and relative anonymity with a midtable Spanish side. Rumours of Man Utd being interested are the only thing which suggested he had a bigger future - your Barcas, Reals, Villarreals etc saw him week in week out and none appeared to want him.

So in moving to Scotland not only is he now in a backwater league but it doesn't alter the fact he was miles off the national team when he DID play in Spain.

Furthermore, I don't buy the whole crap league argument. Numan, GVB, de Boer etc - just because these guys played here didn't stop them playing for the Netherlands. It didn't stop Sionko being picked for the Czechs.

The sad truth is King Carlos joined us aged 25 without a cap to his name and relative anonymity with a midtable Spanish side. Rumours of Man Utd being interested are the only thing which suggested he had a bigger future - your Barcas, Reals, Villarreals etc saw him week in week out and none appeared to want him.

So in moving to Scotland not only is he now in a backwater league but it doesn't alter the fact he was miles off the national team when he DID play in Spain.

Furthermore, I don't buy the whole crap league argument. Numan, GVB, de Boer etc - just because these guys played here didn't stop them playing for the Netherlands. It didn't stop Sionko being picked for the Czechs.

well that would be holland and Czech republic, not spain and italy that have probably the 2nd and 3rd best domestic leagues in the world. the scottish league isnt looked at very favorably in europe. even down in england they think its micky mouse if you speak to any of them about it. that may not be representative of everyone in england but from my experience thats the opinion i got most often.

Cuellar has not been in the press slagging/hitting out/attacking the Spanish manager....OK?

While I can understand the press doing it, I fail to see why a Rangers fan would.

...not a Rangers fan.

The O/P is not a Rangers fan?

...not a Rangers fan.

Once you understand my post, reply again.

well that would be holland and Czech republic, not spain and italy that have probably the 2nd and 3rd best domestic leagues in the world. the scottish league isnt looked at very favorably in europe. even down in england they think its micky mouse if you speak to any of them about it. that may not be representative of everyone in england but from my experience thats the opinion i got most often.

The Netherlands have a much better league than us. It's in the second tier of European leagues.

btw, most of us up HERE think our league is a mickey mouse league. This season is actually the strongest it's been for ages - all the top 6 sides are doing well this year.

BTW on a slight tangent, for anyone who was confused about the POTY award.

I think there's 3 different awards: the Players' POTY (Aids MCreedinho), The Clydesdale Bank POTY (which Cuellar won), and the Writers' POTY (which I don't think has been done yet).

Arteta has been moaning recently that he isnt even getting a look in because he plays at Everton. I think its ignorance, England, Italy and Spain are the 1s who do it the most. They dont really pick players who are at lower teams or in other countrys.

But didnt the Spainish national coach look at Novo once upon time.

Arteta has been moaning recently that he isnt even getting a look in because he plays at Everton. I think its ignorance, England, Italy and Spain are the 1s who do it the most. They dont really pick players who are at lower teams or in other countrys.

But didnt the Spainish national coach look at Novo once upon time.

Yup - Aragones was indeed quoted as being interested in him.

BTW on a slight tangent, for anyone who was confused about the POTY award.

I think there's 3 different awards: the Players' POTY (Aids MCreedinho), The Clydesdale Bank POTY (which Cuellar won), and the Writers' POTY (which I don't think has been done yet).

A lot of folk are confused tbh.

And the outrage over McNeedy winning POTY indicating 'agendas' is horseshit given his fellow professionals voted him ahead of Cuellar.

Cuellar won the CB POTY as you say.

And the other prestigious award, the writers' poty is yet to be announced.

"I don't think the door to the national team is entirely closed but it's much harder to get through it from here," added Cuellar

"No one called from the federation to congratulate me," complained the 26-year-old

The first is a reasonable statement, as well as being obvious. The second is hardly 'hitting out'. It could range from a slight moan to an unconcerned statement of fact and doesn't mention the manager.

You're nitpicking to a level I'm proud of old bean.

Danny's jealous :harhar: :bouncy: :locked:

...not a Rangers fan.

Well what the fuck are you saying? I said I can't understand why a Rangers fan would skew the story and you said, 'not a Rangers fan'. Please answer like an adult.

...not a Rangers fan.

Well what the fuck are you saying? I said I can't understand why a Rangers fan would skew the story and you said, 'not a Rangers fan'. Please answer like an adult.

Yeah, and 'well what the fuck are you saying' clearly elevates you as far more mature than I.

To humour you Briton - my point was that I was discussing poor and innaccurate headlines from the BBC. I wasn't discussing them from a Rangers fan. You were.

Please to holy christ tell me you gerrit.

Yeah, and 'well what the fuck are you saying' clearly elevates you as far more mature than I.

To humour you Briton - my point was that I was discussing poor and innaccurate headlines from the BBC. I wasn't discussing them from a Rangers fan. You were.

Ah so it was piss poor English in your reply. That explains it. Amazing you you have the temerity to question my ability to understand your replies when you have written so poorly.

Ah so it was piss poor English in your reply. That explains it. Amazing you you have the temerity to question my ability to understand your replies when you have written so poorly.

'Amazing' that you're far more interested in debating semantics than the point at hand.

You've been like that throughout this entire thread.

Got anything useful to contribute yet or should I chalk this waste of time down to experience and move on?

'Amazing' that you're far more interested in debating semantics than the point at hand.

You've been like that throughout this entire thread.

Got anything useful to contribute yet or should I chalk this waste of time down to experience and move on?

It's not semantics. You come out with one of your little snidey remarks about not understanding your posts, when what you have written is drivel, so I understanably questioned WTF you were on about.