Our first Semi for 36 years?

Boab

Hope my maths or memory wasn't wrong there but I've heard folk say that but what about 92/93?

Any reason why this is?

Wasn't it because there was only 2 groups and the winners went into the final?

92/93 CL was two groups of 4 teams, with the winners of each group going straight into the final. The reason why we sometimes refer to it as a Euro semi for us is that we played Marseille in the 2nd last game of the group, and whoever won went straight into the final. We drew that game, then the next game, Marseille went on to the final to beat Milan. Of course they were bribing everyone left right and centre, which does add to the frustration of not making the final that year. Some team they had though, Barthez, Angloma, Desailly, Sauzee, Deschamps, Pele, Voller, Boksic et al.

Hope my maths or memory wasn't wrong there but I've heard folk say that but what about 92/93?

Any reason why this is?

There were no semi finals in 92/93 in the same way as there was no World Cup final in 1950. It was the way the tournement was set up.

92/93 CL was two groups of 4 teams, with the winners of each group going straight into the final. The reason why we sometimes refer to it as a Euro semi for us is that we played Marseille in the 2nd last game of the group, and whoever won went straight into the final. We drew that game, then the next game, Marseille went on to the final to beat Milan. Of course they were bribing everyone left right and centre, which does add to the frustration of not making the final that year. Some team they had though, Barthez, Angloma, Desailly, Sauzee, Deschamps, Pele, Voller, Boksic et al.

They never bribed anyone in europe though, only the drench league ,that is why they were never stripped of the title but they did go down 3 divisions.