Belgian Ace Dies

Belgian football is mourning the death of international striker Francois Sterchele.

The 26-year-old has died after being involved in a car accident.

The striker moved to Club Brugge last summer from Germinal Beerschot after finishing as top-scorer in the Jupiler League with 21 goals

Sterchele had four full caps to his name.

From skysports.

Sad to hear :(

From the little I had seen of him he looked to be a very talented player and goalscorer.

Very sad news, it's been on the radio all day.

However, he came from a party, he was drunk and he was apparently driving at a speed of no less than 217 km/h (about 130 mp/h ?).

It's still tragic, but I have absolutely no respect for people who are that irresponsible. What if he had hit someone else ?

However, he came from a party, he was drunk and he was apparently driving at a speed of no less than 217 km/h (about 130 mp/h ?).

It's still tragic, but I have absolutely no respect for people who are that irresponsible. What if he had hit someone else ?

I knew he was driving at excess speed, but I didn't know he was drunk.

As you would expect, very little has been said about it over here.

Does this mean sellick's game on saturday will have to be postponed?

They did have Joos Valgaeren playing for them and Joos played with the deceased recently......

i wonder if ra sellick ill come out nd say they were in touch with him about moving in a big money move, like they did with marc vivien-foe

Sick bastard, mocking the dead :angry2:

Just tongue in cheek mate, don't get to upset about it.

Shame, RIP. Must have been a decent player to finish joint top goalscorer in the top division of any league.

Guest The Brown Brogue

If this is true then IMO he got exactly what he deserved and I have no sympathy for him, only for his family and friends who have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Its lucky that no innocent lives were lost so no other families have to suffer the same grief.

If this is true then IMO he got exactly what he deserved and I have no sympathy for him, only for his family and friends who have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

Its lucky that no innocent lives were lost so no other families have to suffer the same grief.

agreed