Rangers starting again

I was just reading another post about what people would do if Rangers were to fold.

We got the usual answers about suicide etc,. but seriously. would you consider it an option

if this fixture dispute spiralled out of control (I don,t think for one minute it will) would Rangers resigning from the SPL and applying for the EPL 2nd. div. and then spending 3/4 years working their way through

the divisions to the premiership be an option?

Just a light hearted debate.

I would imagine we would only join the English leagues if we went straight to the EPL.

It's madness from a business sense to sacrifice guaranteed European money and loss of ticket sales revenue (would 55,000 really turn out to see us against Wrexham?) for 3/4 years before we even make it to the top flight.

and that's assuming we get to the EPL, sure the players we have now can hold their own in the EPL, but how we would we keep, attract and fund the calibre of these players if we're in League 1/2?

I take your points, they,re valid. I have said before,we will never be invited to the EPL.

The little clubs have too much voting strength. They will never stand aside for Rangers or any one else.

Our only chance is a breakaway super league OR starting at the bottom and working our way up.

Which brings us back to my original point, how many people would be willing to start at the bottom, if the long term future was bright?

By the way, I think there will be a European league before that happens. But it would be an interesting

choice, would it not?

I take your points, they,re valid. I have said before,we will never be invited to the EPL.

The little clubs have too much voting strength. They will never stand aside for Rangers or any one else.

Our only chance is a breakaway super league OR starting at the bottom and working our way up.

Which brings us back to my original point, how many people would be willing to start at the bottom, if the long term future was bright?

By the way, I think there will be a European league before that happens. But it would be an interesting

choice, would it not?

TBH Blue Cyclops i wouldn't take the chance if i was the rangers chairman, because you have to think about finance, how could we afford to keep good players, ticket sales has already been said, bringing in quality players.

Good Point though

:rangers:

I think you're spot on, we'd need successive promotions but the way the EPL is set up and the cash involved atm coupled with the massive revenue from gate receipts, i genuinely think Rangers would be a European super power for years and years to come.

I would imagine we would only join the English leagues if we went straight to the EPL.

It's madness from a business sense to sacrifice guaranteed European money and loss of ticket sales revenue (would 55,000 really turn out to see us against Wrexham?) for 3/4 years before we even make it to the top flight.

and that's assuming we get to the EPL, sure the players we have now can hold their own in the EPL, but how we would we keep, attract and fund the calibre of these players if we're in League 1/2?

Nonsense mate.

Giving up £10-12million for a few seasons to get £60million to join the EPL is sound economical business sense.

Yes we would turn out in numbers, sheer curiosity of seeing us face different opposition would see to that, once we reached the EPL we could easily attract more fans through the gate than Man United.

You're kidding right? We would be able to keep hold of players via wages etc.

We'd be promoted each year until the EPL, take one or two years to find our feet then join the big four in contention

I don't think we would even join the top flight English football, they would be against it. The EPL teams are mainly against it due to one of them has to be bumped out.

Conference North ftw.

They can be against what they like, the fact is the away allocation taken up at EVERY ground in EVERY division including the Premiership will dictate matters more than any tin pot conference club.

The move makes sense, Glasgow is as close to most clubs from Liverpool and above to most other teams in the Prem.

I know lots of you guys will be against it but if we are to become a genuine European superpower, the EPL money is the answer IMO.

They can be against what they like, the fact is the away allocation taken up at EVERY ground in EVERY division including the Premiership will dictate matters more than any tin pot conference club.

The move makes sense, Glasgow is as close to most clubs from Liverpool and above to most other teams in the Prem.

I know lots of you guys will be against it but if we are to become a genuine European superpower, the EPL money is the answer IMO.

Our historical roots are in this country though. It's not always about money or competing at the highest level.

Zenit need to fly to many games, the uk is small enough, but the issue is that no sensible diddy EPL team wants to deal with a team of our size, it's tough enough for yer Wigans and yer Derbys without having to get skelped by another massive club.

They will never allow it.

Our historical roots are in this country though. It's not always about money or competing at the highest level.

Yep i agree Fixx, and you won't be alone in your opinion. I would just love to see Rangers move to the EPL, take the money that's available and see how far we can actually go.

Look at the shite that's in the EPL, Stoke FFS! imagine what Rangers could do being able to attract the kind of players to compete regularly on the big European stage. I know what you mean about you roots though, that's a very hard one to argue with and i won't try to :unionflag:

:bouncy: We definitely need to move from the SPL. All over the world when you talk to people about the SPL they say " Oh yeah, that's the league that is always won by 2 teams - Rangers and Celtic". .... and they are right! The SPL is not the future for Rangers. Yes we are and always will be a Scottish club, but sound business is sound business. I believe there will eventually be a European League - there has to be. Even from a purely financial perspective this has to happen. Look at the EPL. There are probably only half a dozen clubs that are "really" big clubs, the rest struggle every year. And as one pundit has already said - Stoke City in the EPL ..... c'mon!! Yes the SPL have shafted us, our loyalty is to Scotland NOT the SPL. It is the european connection that brings the extra lifeblood to Rangers and lures the standard of players we require. Yes we will end up in the EPL - The European Premier League !!!! :rangers::rangers:

:unionflag: