Hemdani Has To Start

Lots of people seem to be leaving him out of there team for Wedensday, but for me he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

He's been here before with Marseille and despite being off form he is probably one of, if not the most intelligent player we have.

I think that if he starts he will stand up and be counted as he wont want to go through the experience of losing in the final again.

Earlier this season he gave one of the best individual performances from a Ranger that I have ever seen:

Lets see this again on Wednesday Brahim.

Tough decision. I like Hemdani too but we haven't seen a performance like that in months.

Experienced European player with class but out of form. I'd probably pick him

That video makes me think 3 things.

1) Big Kirk could learn from Hemdani - Have you ever seen a Rangers player comfier with a ball at his feet?

2) Cousin's goal against Lyon gets better every time I watch it.

3) Fuck we miss Hutton.

Tough decision. I like Hemdani too but we haven't seen a performance like that in months.

Experienced European player with class but out of form. I'd probably pick him

It's a toss up between Hemdani or Dailly and for me Hemdani wins hands down.

Dailly is limited, he can put himself about and win headers, but his distribution is rotten and he gives away a hell of a lot of fouls.

Hemdani, isn't as in your face as Dailly, but he's a got better anticipation and awareness and he's better at retaining possession.

In a game against as good a footballing side as Zenit are i think Hemdani's the better option, with Dailly coming on nearer the end to rough them up and help us hold onto any potential lead we might have.

I would certainly play Hemdani. His reading of the game is exceptional. You never see him turn into trouble, he just ALWAYS turns the right way, because he is aware of what is going on around him. As Papaguy says, he is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

While Hemdani has been a little off form recently, I really feel he has it in him to make a big difference on Wednesday night. Dailly, I just don't think he does.

I would certainly play Hemdani. His reading of the game is exceptional. You never see him turn into trouble, he just ALWAYS turns the right way, because he is aware of what is going on around him. As Papaguy says, he is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

While Hemdani has been a little off form recently, I really feel he has it in him to make a big difference on Wednesday night. Dailly, I just don't think he does.

I agree with everything you say but that.

I have seen him turn into trouble quite a few times this season, cost us a goal against Hibs in fact. When he's playing well though, you're spot on. Seems to have an extra 10 seconds on the ball compared to everyone else.

I have seen him turn into trouble quite a few times this season, cost us a goal against Hibs in fact. When he's playing well though, you're spot on. Seems to have an extra 10 seconds on the ball compared to everyone else.

I forgot about that goal against Hibs doh

He's had a few games this season where he's just been off the boil, but generally I think he's exceptional (tu)

I forgot about that goal against Hibs doh

He's had a few games this season where he's just been off the boil, but generally I think he's exceptional (tu)

One of Eck's few good signings, although I think it's fair to say Walter's got the best out of him.

I think he'll start but I aswell can't remember his last good game. I think he tried alot harder agaisnt Lyon cause he had a point to prove to the French just like Cousin did. I think he will be determined just like then on Wedensday, I just hope he puts some more tackles in.

NO way Hemdani should start on Wednesday, yes he has experiance and "he has been here before" but his form has been shit.e to say the least.

Fiorentina Away - Got in the way, never really contributed anything and was like a man down for most of the game.

Celtic Away - Rank rotten, hardly got into the game and for large spells was posted missing.

Fiorentina Home - Was he playing ? Dont think I saw him touch the ball, again posted missing for most of the game.

Sporting Away - Again he did nothing, his workrate was poor, his positioning was all over the place, just got in the way.

Sporting Home- No muscle, no fight, offered nothing going forward, waste of space.

Everytime a major game seems to come up we get the same comments from people on here saying "he's due us a big performance". Well thats 5 chances (above), in 5 MAJOR games he has had in the last few months to give said performance and he has FAILED in everyone. FFS guys like Boyd and Buffel (to name a few) only get one chance to prove themselves yet we are all willing to continue to give Hemdani, chance after chance.

He cant run, he's slow, he WONT pass the ball forward (he's worse than Lennon for this), he offers NO supports going forward and IMO he gets in the way of other midfielders. I've watched replays of our games on Gers TV and everytime we seem to be on the break or going forward and the ball goes to Hemdani it almost always ends up back at the keeper.

The guy is a passenger and has been for most of the season and Wednesdays game is NO place for passengers !!

For me I would start Hemdani instead of Dailly, especially if KT is also fit enough to play, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Hemdani has been injured, even though nothing official has been said about it, hopefully the rest though should make him fit now and have a start.

The guy is a passenger and has been for most of the season and Wednesdays game is NO place for passengers !!

Dailly has been as much of a passanger as Hemdani has in recent weeks.

It's a case of the better of two evil's and Hemdani is simply a better player than Dailly.

Dailly has been as much of a passanger as Hemdani has in recent weeks.

It's a case of the better of two evil's and Hemdani is simply a better player than Dailly.

I wouldnt play Dailly either, neither of them would get a place in my starting 11, they are both f.cking shi.te !!

Hemdani is DEFINITLY a better option than Dailly, but with so many people becoming available again, we could have Barry in the holding role, with Davis and Thomson central, and whoever out of Novo, Whittaker, Adam or McCulloch out wide.

I would just love to see Davis/Thommo/Fergie in the middle, what an engine that would be!

Hemdani is DEFINITLY a better option than Dailly, but with so many people becoming available again, we could have Barry in the holding role, with Davis and Thomson central, and whoever out of Novo, Whittaker, Adam or McCulloch out wide.

I would just love to see Davis/Thommo/Fergie in the middle, what an engine that would be!

Spot on !!

There is NO need for us to play the two passengers that are Hemdani and Dailly, this game is far too important !!

Spot on !!

There is NO need for us to play the two passengers that are Hemdani and Dailly, this game is far too important !!

I will be very surprised if Hemdani or Dailly don't play. We will not change the tactics or personel so dramatically at the last hurdle. Why change what has worked the whole season? I think it will be -Davis-Barry-Hemdani-Thommo-Whittaker-

Spot on !!

I will be very surprised if Hemdani or Dailly don't play. We will not change the tactics or personel so dramatically at the last hurdle. Why change what has worked the whole season? I think it will be -Davis-Barry-Hemdani-Thommo-Whittaker-

So you will be quite happy to have a passenger start (Hemdani) while guys like Novo, who IMO has earned his starting position sits on the bench?

Spot on !!

its not that dramatic a change, the players ive mentioned have all been regular players for us when fit.

in all honesty tho i agree with you - would love to see it but dont think it'll happen.

Walter doesnt spring surprises on us very often (not that thats a bad thing!)

I think Hemdani will be in there.

I'm a fan actually, he's one of the most composed players we've had and on a good day he can control the pace of the game.

Unfortunately he's not been at his best for a while. Watching that Lyon video was a reminder of just how class he has been for us at times, he's been off the boil recently. But hopefully the fact that it's the UEFA Cup final will have him fired up a bit and ready for this one.

TBO I think Hemdani is pants. He can't control the ball, has no pace and when he passes the ball he usually puts the receiver in trouble. But I would prefer him over Dailly in that possition. To play Novo, DMB or anyone else will be too attackminded for Walters liking I think. He will only revert to that if we get into a little bother. Don't get me wrong I would love to play with these forward thinking players, but our team isn't good enough. We would be torn apart. Keep it tight, if we can't nick a goal in open play then Novo will bury the winner from the penalty spot. :rangers: