Results are everything

Saudibear

Most of the season there has been rumblings in the background about our lack of quality, negative football etc but we have let it pass because we were still grinding out results. My worry is that we have came so close in the 2 major competitions and (I hope) we will win the 2 secondary competitions, that the powers that be will feel that we are not too far away from being a good team.

Weir can't go on much longer so we have to address what is otherwise a reasonably sound defence. Our midfield players are either not good enough or the tactics we are playing are wrong. It is difficult to say what we require up front as the service the current crop have had has been on the whole the long punt out of defence.

It's one thing to say I don't care about the football we are playing as long as we win but the better we play the more chance we have of winning consistently.

A lot needs to be done in the close season. I don't fancy watching another season of this football to be gutted at the end of the season losing out.

Too true.

Our defence is only as good as Cuellar and Weir and Weir has to be replaced. We also need to look at our fullbacks . We definitely need a new RB.

Our midfield is SO poor. It all needs replaced. Barry gets less effective by the year. Definitely poor this year. We need a RW and 2 x attacking mid fielders who can score.

Strikers - we could do with two very big athletic strikers.

Yes not much to ask = 6 or 7 new players of quality.

Good point I guess. If we're going to lose I'd rather be entertained a bit more in the meantime, some of the games this season have put me to sleep.

Hopefully I won't get shot down for this now that everyone is letting their frustrations out, Celtic play a much better possesion passing game than us. They get the ball down the flanks and try to stretch the opposition midfield and defence. We rely on set pieces or mistakes most the time. Or when we actually have a 2 min spell of good passing we end up scoring.

Also, I know no one likes him but McGeady is a fantastic player for Celtic, he is their release from defence and is a constant threat. He is fast, has quick feet and can now put in a very dangerous cross. Notice just about every time Celtic take the ball out of a defensive position they release it down that left flank for him.

I'd be happy if they had to sell him.