Most Inspirational Quote?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb mate. Cheers for posting that.

Davy is that Avatar from the Ted McMinn Testimonial at Pride Park? Looks very much like it when the Lino got given a Union flag and used it as his lino flag. If so I was sat directly behind that lino in that big stand.

Not got a clue to be honest mate...

I think that is exactly what it is/where its from Davy. The lino done it for a laugh.

He is a bear.

"Whatever one's local football loyalties, it has to be admitted that Glasgow Rangers constitute the most important contribution ever made to Scottish football. Even from their first days, they were a force in the land and, from then, they have gone on to win more titles, trophies and competitions than any other club and to have provided more players for the Scotland team than any other. They were to become rich, powerful and well-nigh invulnerable on the pitch and to attract the largest support of any club in Britain."

John Cairney

"The Glory of the Rangers lies not in never failing, but in returning stronger than ever before due to the challenges over-come. We learn from our past. We cherish our grand story. Our founders, just young lads, set the standards by which the Rangers exist to-day; hard-work, determination, loyalty and, above all else, the inherent desire to make Rangers FC the premier club of this fine country. Our greatest days lie ahead, and nothing can stop this Old Club from achieving its goals when all look forward with the same ambition. March on, Rangers! For every-day we make history. And a glorious history it is."

"Rangers have done so much to bolster Scotland's football prestige; much more, let's face it, than any other club, both at home and abroad, that they are looked on almost as a national eleven. They could be called the Scots Guards of football in this country."

Hugh Taylor

"'Royal' Rangers, the side with the most dedicated fans of all, fans who will follow their team to the ends of the earth. They are Scotland nowadays - in the same sense that Real Madrid is Spain."

Hugh Taylor

"And always, in this broad picture of Scottish football, one name towers above the rest like a colossus, and the name is, of course, Rangers. There is no getting away from it, nor indeed is there any reason why one should try to get away from it. The club, the fans, the players, all have their imperfections, but Rangers are the greatest football club in Scotland, have been so for many years, and very probably always will be, as long as the game is played. This is a fact of football life, and cannot reasonably be argued with."

John Fairgrieve

"However, the more formidable the challenge, the more earnest will be our efforts. And to The Rangers supporters, the most loyal on earth, I can make the firm promise that no energies will be spared by this club to ensure that the mighty traditions of the past will be continued."

John Lawrence

MR STRUTH raised Rangers to a place of prestige and honour which it would be difficult to equal in the world of football. I think the highest tribute I can possibly pay to a great man is to say I have always tried - and will always try - to follow, as best I can, the magnificent example he has left behind."

- Scot Symon (1956)

"He never wore a blue jersey, yet I believe that he was the greatest player the Rangers ever had. He was our 12th man. His very presence in the dressing-room was an inspiration. His words of encouragement before a match made us feel that he was going out on to the field with us. He could take victory with the same grace as defeat."

"Such was Mr. Struth, the greatest man I ever knew in football."

- Willie Waddell (1956)

"Whatever one's local football loyalties, it has to be admitted that Glasgow Rangers constitute the most important contribution ever made to Scottish football. Even from their first days, they were a force in the land and, from then, they have gone on to win more titles, trophies and competitions than any other club and to have provided more players for the Scotland team than any other. They were to become rich, powerful and well-nigh invulnerable on the pitch and to attract the largest support of any club in Britain."

John Cairney

"The Glory of the Rangers lies not in never failing, but in returning stronger than ever before due to the challenges over-come. We learn from our past. We cherish our grand story. Our founders, just young lads, set the standards by which the Rangers exist to-day; hard-work, determination, loyalty and, above all else, the inherent desire to make Rangers FC the premier club of this fine country. Our greatest days lie ahead, and nothing can stop this Old Club from achieving its goals when all look forward with the same ambition. March on, Rangers! For every-day we make history. And a glorious history it is."

"Rangers have done so much to bolster Scotland's football prestige; much more, let's face it, than any other club, both at home and abroad, that they are looked on almost as a national eleven. They could be called the Scots Guards of football in this country."

Hugh Taylor

"'Royal' Rangers, the side with the most dedicated fans of all, fans who will follow their team to the ends of the earth. They are Scotland nowadays - in the same sense that Real Madrid is Spain."

Hugh Taylor

"And always, in this broad picture of Scottish football, one name towers above the rest like a colossus, and the name is, of course, Rangers. There is no getting away from it, nor indeed is there any reason why one should try to get away from it. The club, the fans, the players, all have their imperfections, but Rangers are the greatest football club in Scotland, have been so for many years, and very probably always will be, as long as the game is played. This is a fact of football life, and cannot reasonably be argued with."

John Fairgrieve

"However, the more formidable the challenge, the more earnest will be our efforts. And to The Rangers supporters, the most loyal on earth, I can make the firm promise that no energies will be spared by this club to ensure that the mighty traditions of the past will be continued."

John Lawrence

MR STRUTH raised Rangers to a place of prestige and honour which it would be difficult to equal in the world of football. I think the highest tribute I can possibly pay to a great man is to say I have always tried - and will always try - to follow, as best I can, the magnificent example he has left behind."

- Scot Symon (1956)

"He never wore a blue jersey, yet I believe that he was the greatest player the Rangers ever had. He was our 12th man. His very presence in the dressing-room was an inspiration. His words of encouragement before a match made us feel that he was going out on to the field with us. He could take victory with the same grace as defeat."

"Such was Mr. Struth, the greatest man I ever knew in football."

- Willie Waddell (1956)

great quotes. (tu)

"nacho novo, with one kick of the ball, to send rangers to manchester."

"THEY'RE COMING! RANGERS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER"

I still get goosebumps when I hear that, not that I heard it at the time.

Just spent the next few minutes hugging and kissing, went completely berserk.

I don't remember a rush like it.

I Just Fell To My Knees And Started Crying :))