Encouraging First half

FlippinEck

I thought the first half performance was encouraging, we played some good football but are still clearly lacking a creative spark, yet we passed the ball about well and got forward a lot of the time

Passmarks:

Whittaker - Played a lot better at right back today, up against a tricky opponent in benayoun, yet handled himself well and tried to get forward all the time, much better than his kaunas game

Hemdani - hes been out of the team, and he hardly touched the ball in the second half but first half he was back to his usual cool, composed self

Papac - Solid again, and did well going forward

Lafferty - Impressive home debut, held the ball up well, actually wanted to take a player on, you can tell he isnt an out and out winger but he might just do a job there

Novo - What else can we come to expect from him, how the HELL did he not score! A great performance, surely trying to impress the spanish counterparts on liverpools team.

I wish it ended there tbh, i want to forget the second half, are we in agreement that the team put out in the start will play against kaunus? and will they win?

I thought the first half performance was encouraging, we played some good football but are still clearly lacking a creative spark, yet we passed the ball about well and got forward a lot of the time

Passmarks:

Whittaker - Played a lot better at right back today, up against a tricky opponent in benayoun, yet handled himself well and tried to get forward all the time, much better than his kaunas game

Hemdani - hes been out of the team, and he hardly touched the ball in the second half but first half he was back to his usual cool, composed self

Papac - Solid again, and did well going forward

Lafferty - Impressive home debut, held the ball up well, actually wanted to take a player on, you can tell he isnt an out and out winger but he might just do a job there

Novo - What else can we come to expect from him, how the HELL did he not score! A great performance, surely trying to impress the spanish counterparts on liverpools team.

I wish it ended there tbh, i want to forget the second half, are we in agreement that the team put out in the start will play against kaunus? and will they win?

I agree, I was thinking that 'we weren't so bad today' earlier.

Hemdani was awful. He was in no man's land most of the time and opted to try silky skills when offloading the ball would have been smarter.

I didnt think he did that bad, no worse than what he had been like towards the end of last season, he just doesnt do anything with the ball in a positive sense, but he still kept it well at times i though, second half was anonymous, maybe i shouldnt have gave him passmarks? If anything, this was a chance to get him in the shop window

Hemdani was awful. He was in no man's land most of the time and opted to try silky skills when offloading the ball would have been smarter.

I didnt think he did that bad, no worse than what he had been like towards the end of last season, he just doesnt do anything with the ball in a positive sense, but he still kept it well at times i though, second half was anonymous, maybe i shouldnt have gave him passmarks? If anything, this was a chance to get him in the shop window

That shows how tragic it is. That you feel because he didn't completely mess up all the time he was one of our better performers.

I think that sums up our current plight.

That shows how tragic it is. That you feel because he didn't completely mess up all the time he was one of our better performers.

Get a grip Danny.

It was a friendly.

It equates to the square root of fuck all

Get a grip Danny.

It was a friendly.

It equates to the square root of fuck all

Kaunas didn't though.

Kaunas didn't though.

And that's relevant on todays practise how exactly?

That if I'd slaughtered the players following that, what would your response have been? 'Get a grip, it's only a CL qualifier'?

Kaunas didn't though.

And that's relevant on todays practise how exactly?

That if I'd slaughtered the players following that, what would your response have been? 'Get a grip, it's only a CL qualifier'?

But it wasn't. You aren't differentiating

Had we been humiliated on that stage I'd be furious.

Let's see how we do on Tuesday.

This game meant fuck all, down your academic tools and get real.

Yeh I thot the first half we played well. I felt Whittaker had a great first half but why does he switch back to left back in the 2nd half? Surely that will only dent his confidence. Apart from that I thought Kevin Thomson was a match for anyone in the midfield today, I felt he has a very good half were he was almost Ferguson-esque in that everything went thru him. Lafferty, Novo and Papac done ok aswell and Hemdani certainly looked better than Dailly or Adam did the other nioght in the middle of the park so should start on Tuesday!!!

The team that started the first half were good

Two tap ins after bad goalkeeping - a penalty - and a good strike

Tbh there wasnt much to be embarrassed about apart from the score

We held our own in the 1st half and it shud have been 1-1 going into half time

Second half was dire but we did put out our 'fringe' players

I am still lokking positive this season

I was kind of thinking the same. I have never seen a midfield so far away than that one today.

Our defence coped fine in the first half just a few mistakes

Midfield could have been better if we learn how to pass between ourselves

Wingers and Striker put in a good shift and created a few chances

I genuinely beleive we were unlucky today and 4-0 flattered Liverpool