My semi-drunken rant

Right guys, first of all i am had a few jars so go easy on me. :craphead:

Today seen us play and win our first league game of the season, it was a struggle but we got there in the end. The worrying, no, terrifying aspect of the game though was the way that Falkirk absolutely bossed the possession, ran our midfield and defence ragged and looked comfortable against our front two pairing of Velicka and Boyd (apart from the one move that led to the goal).

Now obviously the win is all that matters at this stage given the fact that our team was weakened through injury and suspensions but lets look at this properly, we were outplayed by bloody Falkirk. Today's performance was not a sign if things improving it is just yet another example of how far we have fallen. At one point today our central midfield partnership was Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam. doh Words fail me. We are in a bad situation and if not for Alan McGregor and one decent move from our strikers it would be a whole lot worse.

If somehow Walter managed to miss the signs before he must surely realise now that midfielders with flair and technical ability are required NOW. When you have a 37 year-old chain smoker running rings aronud your midfield you know that things are not going well.

But even after all of these negative points i still feel we have the basis of a good squad. I think alot of people will be surpirsed what a couple of good midfielders would do to this side. The strikers would get plenty more chances to score and we all know that Boyd and Velicka can deliver in that department. the pressure of a constant barrage of opposition attacks will be lifted from the defence and they will subsequently feel much more comfortable in the game.

Even after the bitter dissapointment of travelling to watch that disaster on Tuesday night i am now prepared to give Walter until the end of the season to improve our quality of football and win the title back. Believe it or not i actually think he can do so if his transfer dealing in the next three weeks are up to scratch.

In Walter i trust...........for now. (tu)