Broadfoot or Whittaker?

MarkyMitch

Broadfoot or Whittaker?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be our long term first choice right back?

• Broadfoot
    • Whittaker

At the moment big Kirk is on form and is deservedly first choice right back.

But do you see him or Whittaker as the long term first choice?

I would eventually like to see Broadfoot given a chance at centre back. I think he's improving as a player and defender.

Also I would like to see whittaker given a chance at right back. If he can find the form he had at Hibs he would be a great success!! Sometimes it takes players time to settle when moving from a smaller team to Rangers. Look at Thomson! He was really inconsistant to begin with but now he's beginning to shine!! I'd hope that Whittaker can do the same.

I just think he needs to find his confidence. He scored some good goals last year and put in some good performances. Plus he is a good footballing full back.

So who would you like to see at right back? Whittaker or Broadfoot? (i know some will say neither)

Personally i'd like to see Whittaker eventually as first choice right back.

:unionflag:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would eventually like to see Broadfoot given a chance at centre back. I think he's improving as a player and defender.

Also I would like to see whittaker given a chance at right back. If he can find the form he had at Hibs he would be a great success!! Sometimes it takes players time to settle when moving from a smaller team to Rangers. Look at Thomson! He was really inconsistant to begin with but now he's beginning to shine!! I'd hope that Whittaker can do the same.

I just think he needs to find his confidence. He scored some good goals last year and put in some good performances. Plus he is a good footballing full back.

So who would you like to see at right back? Whittaker or Broadfoot? (i know some will say neither)

Dont see Whittaker as first choice right back but wuold like to see big Kirk as a central defender as i think its his best position.

Dont see Whittaker as first choice right back but wuold like to see big Kirk as a central defender as i think its his best position.

OH OH BEERS TALKING NOW SORRY BOYS DONT SEE WHITTAKER AS FIRST CHOICE RIGHT BACK

Whittaker has been injured for the best part of a month now but his versatility will see him play a fair amount of games throughout the season, wherever that may be!!!

I agree his versatility is great for our squad.

Feel it hampers him as he doesn't get a run at one position.

Big Kirk has versatility as well tho as he can play anywhere across the back four! I thought he looked good at CB!

I think both players are good squad players and i'd like to see both given a chance to prove themselves in their natural positions.

Whittaker(RB) and broadfoot(CB).

I've tried to add a poll but never done this before so apologises if this doesn't work!

Neither.

Sorry to the Clubfoot fan club but he's not good enough, often enough, to play at RB. Remember the latter part of last-season? At CB, he's a decent back-up.

What we paid for Whittaker was ludicrous, versatile or not.

RB and one of the CB positions are two areas of the team where we obviously need to strengthen (arguably the most) and that should not be forgotten.

Whittaker is f*kn stinking, Broadfoot is slightly better.

Broadfoot for me, Whittaker will never be good enough for Rangers!

I honestly think that Whittaker is a good player but lacking confidence.

But totally respect your opinion as he's been really disappointing.

His passing at times has really pissed me off! But in other games he has impressed me!

It may be optimistic thinking but I still feel he could be a good player for us. Just think he needs a run at RB.

His passing at times has really pissed me off! But in other games he has impressed me!

It may be optimistic thinking but I still feel he could be a good player for us. Just think he needs a run at RB.

I see Whittaker as a poor footballer. A player with poor distribution, positioning, tackling, awful in the air, unfit, lack of confidence and communication. He's poor going forward and poor defending....a complete and utter waste of £2m. He'll never be good enough for a major club like Rangers!

Based on what?

RB for Hibs and the few games he played there for Rangers. Hibs fan never rated him ether.

He is not a good footballer but that's just my opinion.

I see Whittaker as a poor footballer. A player with poor distribution, positioning, tackling, awful in the air, unfit, lack of confidence and communication. He's poor going forward and poor defending....a complete and utter waste of £2m. He'll never be good enough for a major club like Rangers!

Again though. You base that on what?

Broadfoot has been giving a prolonged spell in that position despite being an obvious weak link. Whittaker hasn't been giving a chance

Based on what?

RB for Hibs and the few games he played there for Rangers. Hibs fan never rated him ether.

He is not a good footballer but that's just my opinion.

I'll wait and see.

Everyone has different opinions on players. No one is right and no one is wrong.

I honestly think that Whittaker is a good footballing fullback.

I think he's good defensively and going forward. I just think he lacks confidence.

Confidence is massive in football. It can make a good player play shit and a bad or average player play well!

£2M was a lot to pay for him but hopefully he find his confidence and form again and be a good player for us.