Thanks for the help with the BBC over the H-word

Ibroxblue

Offending post on the BBC now removed. (tu)

My original message:

Some Celtic fan has stuck this link to the bigoted insult "h***" on the Rangers bit over on the BBC. I complained and the BBC wouldn't remove it! I'd be grateful if some more folk would complain (click "alert a moderator" - you don't need to be registered).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A42139550

Thanks.

Who cares how the word is defined? It's clearly intented as a word of offence to de-humanise supporters of RFC and Protestants.

If they can move the goalposts over the word fenian then we can do the same with h**. It'll just take a bit of effort.

With all due respect we don't need to move the goalposts. "h**" is used as an insult against Protestants, especially in Northern Ireland where you see things like "Kill All h***" painted on walls, and Celtic fans are generally aware of this.

With all due respect we don't need to move the goalposts. "h**" is used as an insult against Protestants, especially in Northern Ireland where you see things like "Kill All h***" painted on walls, and Celtic fans are generally aware of this.

You are correct of course but with UEFA, the SFA, and now the BBC refusing to see it as such it's clear there is work to be done.

Your complaint was successfully registered and will be looked at by a Moderator as soon as possible.

Your complaint reference number is:

A759294

(tu)

They've removed the post now. Well done. Got to keep them on their toes. (tu)

""It may be perfectly acceptable to use it in an appropriate historical context, for example, if referring to the Fenian Brotherhood," it says."

So we can refer to the Home support of August 2008 (historical reference) Old Firm game as that?

Offending post on the BBC now removed. (tu)

My original message:

Some Celtic fan has stuck this link to the bigoted insult "h***" on the Rangers bit over on the BBC. I complained and the BBC wouldn't remove it! I'd be grateful if some more folk would complain (click "alert a moderator" - you don't need to be registered).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A42139550

Thanks.

I agree that they use this as drerogatory term and is one of the songs that they sing that actually gets under my skin. I have tried to raise the issue however it looks like I have been beaten to the punch and it has been removed/hidden