Frank Mcaveety M.S.P

davie1689

this is a letter i received from him this morning in reply to my concerns over septic chanting ira songs etc

Dear Mr .....

i am aware that you communicated with me recently on the issue of concern over songs being sung at football matches, My apologies for the delay in response due to recent office reorganisation.

my view is that there is songs being sung by a range of supporters at football matches that, by any standards, are offensive and inappropriate.

clearly, these songs that are in breach of the law in terms of secterianism and racism can be dealt with by the police. those judgements are best left to them and i understand that in the more contentious matches involving the old firm i understand the police have taken action against fans in breach of the law of both teams.

i am also supportive of the initiative being undertaken by clubs especially celtic and rangers to identify what they expect from their supporters in terms of behaviour.

no matter how strongly fans feel about the social origins of their cluband that is a feature of many clubs in scotland- matters of a political or religious nature should not be central to fans behaviour. i commend the work being done by the old firm to tackle some of the problems they have had and i welcome the comments of the chairman of both clubs at recent agm`s to remove inappropriate songs and offensive singing at matches- both home and away.

as you are aware football does arouse many passions and enthusiasm but as the game develops in scotland i want our grounds to be places where young people and families feel safe and not be offended by remarks about players being targets for bullies or for overtly political and sectarian songs to be sung or for casual and unhistorical remarks to be made that make light of serious historic events that affected all- irrespective of faith or nationality.

i would be happy to discuss any issue with you at my local surgeries in the east end and i hope my response is helpful.

yours sincerely

Frank Mcaveety.

It could have been worse. It could have been Frank McAvennie :lol:

:lol:

he prob sits next to him at septic park coop

i wrote the email a month ago m8 not one of my questions were answered, typical tatty munching politician :unionflag: