Lack of Euro Football

euro football is a real stimulant for the squad as all the players really want to be involved. Also you are up against better players and this can help team/player development.

Tix will be on a high after holding Man U and had to up their game and go beyond their limitations to get that result plus a dollop of luck of course but it will be a stimulant for their team confidence. We are missing that this season and things can get flat because of it

Mendes:

"I think most players would say that when it is a European week and we are not involved it is still a little hard to take, especially for the guys here who had such a great run in the Uefa Cup last season. It is very frustrating for a club like Rangers not to be involved in either the Champions League or the Uefa Cup but we have to channel that frustration into winning the title. It is the only positive thing we can do.

Hope so.

If we had European football, EVERYONE in our squad would have had a role to play.

With just the SPL, Walter just uses the same 14-15 players week in week out

Walter did that in Europe anyway

In my opinion the lack of European football is a problem.

How can the players improve without the increased challenge of Euro opponents? How can we attract bigger and better players to the club without Euro games?

Playing the same teams in the league 3 times a yea – 4 including cup games wont improve a players game especially the standard of the likes of Mendes, Thomo, Majic, Boyd etc..

We need it. Even if it means it puts pressure on the league games, Euro games is important to everything involved with Rangers – the players and the fans!

I miss it and I’m sure many will miss it too!

Roll on next season with Champions League games back at Ibrox!