Strachclyde Police petition

Jimenez

Petition has now been printed off and sent to the Public Petitions Committee at the Scottish Parliament. It was the intention to close the petition at 1000 sigs but have now decided to just let it run.

Please continue to support this petition.........

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/apol...yde-police.html

6th January 2009

Clerk to the Public Petitions Committee

The Scottish Parliament

Edinburgh

EH99 1SP

POLITICAL INTOLERANCE AND DISCRIMINATION BY STRATHCLYDE POLICE

Dear Sir,

Please find enclosed a print off of an electronic petition supporting the request for a publically displayed apology from Strathclyde Police due to their political discrimination and intolerance towards patriotic British subjects.

I did intend to use the Scottish Parliaments electronic petition system but this proved to be inadequate as it only permits a limited amount of text to be entered on the petition and as such I would not be able to display the petition to the public as it needed to be.

As you will see, at the time of printing off the petition, it has only been running for a period of 1 week and has generated 751 supporting responses. In addition to this, I have had to remove around 300 vile, sectarian and racist remarks left by those supporters of such terrorist organisations mentioned within the petition. The petition is still running and at the time of writing this letter is currently sitting at the 775 mark. This petition can be viewed via the following link:

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/apol...yde-police.html

Should this form of electronic petition not be suitable for the Public Petitions Committee to take forward, or if it is considered that it does not carry enough signatures to justify action, please inform me as soon as possible so that a paper petition can be organised for signing outside Ibrox Stadium where it is anticipated that the amount of signatures collected would be in excess of 10,000.

With regards to the current number of signatures on the petition, I would hope that this amount is sufficient for the Public Petitions Committee and the Scottish Parliament to take action on given the precedent set by the petition from Tom Minogue titled “Roman Catholics in Scottish Prisons”, which was submitted on the 14th September 2007 after generating only 133 signatures over a period of 6 months. It is also noted that within 2 weeks of that petition being submitted, the Public Petitions Committee agreed to seek views on the petition from the Scottish Government.

Should the Scottish Parliament decide not to act on the concerns of the public and refuse to intervene (as requested by the petition), the campaign will move onto the next stage where MP’s will be contacted with a view to raising an ‘Early Day Motion’ in the House of Commons to discuss the continued discrimination and intolerance being displayed against pro British Unionists residing in Scotland. They will also be asked to debate the Scottish Parliaments ongoing refusal to investigate the concerns raised by the people who feel they are being discriminated against.

Conditions of this submission:

1. The Public Petitions Committee shall respond in writing within 4 weeks from the date of this letter stating whether they will be seeking the views of the Scottish Government on this petition. If no written response is forthcoming within the above timescale, the campaign will move forward as described above.

Conditions of the apology requested from Strathclyde Police:

1. Given that Strathclyde Police unlawfully threatened people from all over the United Kingdom who were present at Ibrox Stadium on the night of 28th October 2008, the apology should be displayed in a national newspaper, ensuring that it is included in all regional variations of said publication. Prior written notice shall be expected from Strathclyde Police as to which date the apology will be in print.

Should Strathclyde Police refuse to apologise to those that they have discriminated against, with or without the intervention of the Scottish Parliament, the campaign will then be taken up by a Civil Rights organisation that are currently monitoring the situation.

There are only 2 ways in which an escalated situation can be avoided. Either Strathclyde Police apologise to those that they have discriminated against, or they display the threats of arrest as (described in the petition) to the supporters of all Scottish Football Clubs, including the Scottish National team, and ensure that parity is engaged at all times thereafter.

Copies of this letter have been forwarded to the following people who are aware of the issue:

Chief Constable Stephen House, Strathclyde Police

Kenny MacAskill, Cabinet Secretary for Justice

Fergus Ewing, Minister for Community Safety

Ken Macintosh, MSP

I look forward to your prompt response on this issue.

Regards,

We cant underestimate how important this issue is - if its ignored by the authorities then its game set and match to the Rangers support.

I would like to buy the organiser a drink - this is the way forward.

The pen is mightier than the song. :unionflag: