McCoist cannot tolerate is fans turning on the team itself.

SSN

Criticism

However, one thing McCoist cannot tolerate is fans turning on the team itself.

Sections of the Ibrox support have been critical of the board recently but have promised to continue to support the players on the pitch.

McCoist said: "I find the criticism - how can I put this - it's strange. We've felt that there has been a little bit of an over-reaction but that's just part and parcel of life at Rangers.

"I do feel the vast majority of the Rangers support are with us, not against us. They are with the team and that's the most important thing. They can have their own opinion on the chairman, the management and coaches.

Papac appeal

"But all I would ask is they get behind the team because the team needs their encouragement. It's only when the supporters turn against the team that the problems start."

Meanwhile, Rangers have won their appeal against the sending-off of defender Sasa Papac in Saturday's SPL victory over Falkirk.

After examining video of the incident, referee Willie Collum decided Papac's 77th-minute challenge on Bairns substitute Mark Stewart did not amount to serious foul play.