Upgrade laptop

CraigRFC

Hey I've got the Hp Pavilion Dv6810em. Just wanting to know if I can upgrade the processor and graphics card and if I can whats a suitable replacement?

The specs of now are:

OS Name :Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate

Version :6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001

System Type :X86-based PC

Processor :AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) :3.00 GB

Available Physical Memory :1.90 GB

Graphics :NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 256mb

Wasnt sure what I was to put so just put everything down.

No points it would be cheaper and easier just to get a new laptop.

What he said, Or just add more Ram

Basically he is right ram is the cheapest and easiest way to upgrade a laptop.

Apart from that a new laptop all together is usually the best option

Guest The Brown Brogue

As far as I know you can't replace the graphics card in a laptop as they're fused to the motherboard or something, its not like a desktop where you can just whip the old one out and stick a new one in. Same goes for the processor, you're pretty much stuck with what you've got.

The only thing you can really change is the RAM, but your laptop has plenty already so adding another gig wouldn't see a massive increase in performance, especially as I think some versions of Vista cant recognise more than 3 Gig of RAM, depending if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Seems a high spec laptop would cost alot to see i big booost from another laptop.

Amd turion isn't the best although it's good i used to have an amd turion 800mhz PC ( that being my first pc haha ) . depends how much he payed for it and at the time as now there is alot more options out there.

• 4 weeks later...
Seems a high spec laptop would cost alot to see i big booost from another laptop.

Amd turion isn't the best although it's good i used to have an amd turion 800mhz PC ( that being my first pc haha ) . depends how much he payed for it and at the time as now there is alot more options out there.

I payed 440 I think back in September/October. Wasn't sure at the time if that was any good or not?