Bobby Shearer

nvager

no. it was in the semi against motherwell,bobby roberts, the tims lost to st mirren that day in the other semi 1962 great mob battle in central station after both games.gers won the final 2/0 and george mclean got himself a transfer to us after ..

Thanks, I remember being there at Hampden but did not remember if it was the Semi or the Final hence my ?

You really are a wee marvel!! haha!!

no. it was in the semi against motherwell,bobby roberts, the tims lost to st mirren that day in the other semi 1962 great mob battle in central station after both games.gers won the final 2/0 and george mclean got himself a transfer to us after ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at that semi at Hampden that day as well. I had never heard the story of the mob battle at Central station but I do know that there was a riot at Ibrox during the Celtic/Saints game. TGFITW went mental when they were losing and the teams had to be taken off while a steady hail of bottles rained down.

I think the riot lasted about 1/2 hour before the game could restart.

Did Bobby not break a Motherwell player's leg in a Scottish Cup Final?

The players name was McCann, Bobby Shearer tackled him in the 15th minute and he was carried off but he came back on 10 minutes before half time. Took up a position although he was basically fcuked. :sherlock:

The players name was McCann, Bobby Shearer tackled him in the 15th minute and he was carried off but he came back on 10 minutes before half time. Took up a position although he was basically fcuked. :sherlock:

tough bstards in those days :clap:

tough bstards in those days :clap:

Could you imagine that happenin now ! :sherlock:

Thanks, I remember being there at Hampden but did not remember if it was the Semi or the Final hence my ?

You really are a wee marvel!! haha!!

any time .good to chat to grey bears,,by the wasy i,m 6ft 1.

Was that the 3-1 St Mirren win at Ibrox ?The day the 'ANIMALS' invaded the park,trying to have the game abandoned?

Bryceland,Baker, McLean,etc. The Saints had quite a team back then Eh? (tu)

true they beat st mirren 5/1 in a league game earlier in the same week, and they thought it was a piss case ,well.......,.. that was tottie beck at no 11 that came to us also..

Tottie Beck,Forgot all about him. (tu)