Ally Set To Play Again

LeeWallaceRFC

Ally Set To Play Again

c254004b2125d54e936f8991ae1e4c44_XL.jpg

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist will pull on his boots again at K Park this Sunday to officially open the new 400-seater grandstand and pay tribute to local football legend Graham White.

Former Calderwood Blue Star boss White spent 15 years at the East Kilbride club nurturing young players before suffering a stroke in 2011.

McCoist said: “As a trustee of East Kilbride Community Trust I’m delighted that our charity’s team will take on Graham’s Select with all the money raised on the day going to the White family for his care.

“Guys like Graham are the lifeblood of what is a great football community in East Kilbride and there couldn’t be a more worthwhile cause.

“I’ve been back in my hometown a lot this season playing for the EKFC Veterans and I did promise the boys in the Rolls Royce, Duncanrig and the YM that I wouldn’t mention the fact we won the league. Again!

“Seriously, the grandstand is the icing on the cake at a great facility now and I was delighted to see Rangers reserves beating Partick Thistle 3-0 at K Park recently. It’s a tribute to the Academy that they are staging matches like that.”

The match kicks off at 2pm on Sunday.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2896-ally-set-to-play-again?