Late goals

cr3_bear

How many late crucial goals is that we have scored this season , last night , Falkirk , Morton , queen of the South and I am going to include hibs as it killed the game off . it's great to see a team with that spirit and determination to keep going untill the final whistle , something we have lacked since smiths departure . I know we are still far from the finished article but it's another positive from warburtons reign so far 

Exactly and even if we are 2 nil up they are still hunting for the 3rd, the 4th, the 5th so on.

They are determined to get goals and do it in a entertaining way And in a way that resembles proper football not lumping it up the park but actually working the ballball, player to player and doing good footwork.

And you can see the passion and heart the players put into it. You can see their disappointment when they know they could've done better.

What I love is last night was another example of constantly playing football after we scored in the 92nd minute. We got the ball a quick one two with Wallace who was in their half and McKay and he was almost clean through on goal. Must admit the nerves will be jangling like fuck if we do that instead of into the corner against the tims! But it really is great to see the footballing ethic that is there. 

I actually feel more confident going into the last 10 minutes of getting a winning goal than I have been in years. You can almost sense it will come eventually. That's also down to our fitness levels constantly pushing. If that went to ET we wouldve scored 3 or 4 in that half hour.

Our ability to push on for the full 90 minutes is one of the major differences between us under Warburton than under McCoist.  That goes down to fitness in large part and a desire to win that seemed completely lacking last year in particular.

That said, I would much rather see us put the game to bed earlier than we have in the recent games!

1 hour ago, whytes3 said:

Our ability to push on for the full 90 minutes is one of the major differences between us under Warburton than under McCoist.  That goes down to fitness in large part and a desire to win that seemed completely lacking last year in particular.

That said, I would much rather see us put the game to bed earlier than we have in the recent games!

Agreed last year once we went a goal down you knew it was more or less over , this year it is refreshing to see and agree I would like to see games being wrapped up sooner but it's good to know that the squad have this mentality in them looking ahead to next year where it could be vital in places where it is going to be tight and frantic like tynecastle or pittodrie