Our Heroes Return

There seems to be a lot of good will towards Liverpool as they close in on their first title for 24 years ... perhaps this is to be expected given that for a great many people Liverpool's long red shadow being cast over the game harks back to their youth. Having said that I suspect most genuine football fans would probably prefer a genuinely great club to win it than Chelsea and City who have been artificially inflated by arab and oligarch millions.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-match-reports/liverpool-3-manchester-city-2-3409632

Suppose watching Souness and Hansen lifting European cups when I was 15yo and playing football at school does leave a bit of an indelible mark :pipe:

Well the last time they won the top flight I was just about to be born :lol:

So to me, they are a huge club but have not matched others on the field so it would be good to see them win it.

Especially as a whole generation of their fans will have never seen a club that big lift the title which is hard for me to imagine.