Paddy Power are paying out on Stoke getting relegated

Jasper

Bookie Paddy Power are paying out on Stoke City's relegation from the Premier League following their opening day defeat at the hands of Bolton!

The payout, expected to cost the firm around £30,000, is the first time a bookie has paid out on a season-long bet on the first day of the campaign.

Stoke were always expected to struggle in the top flight, with their pre-season relegation odds as short as 4/9. But having lost 3-1 to fellow relegation candidates Bolton their odds have tumbled further to 2/7.

Paddy Power himself said: "Stoke fans knew they were in for a tough season just to survive and this defeat has confirmed it.

"If you're losing to the likes of Bolton there really isn't much hope."

The firm are also offering Stoke season ticket holders a no-strings attached free £50 bet, with Power adding: "Perhaps our silver lining offer on a grey day for Potters fans will ease the pain of the long season ahead."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the last paragraph, they are offering Stoke season ticket holders a free £50 bet, no strings attached. Would be brilliant if they all put it on Stoke to stay up, and they did manage it. Paddy Power would be out for mega bucks :lol:

I like Paddy Power, cracking odds and 2nd best to WH IMO! Well done to PP!

Rangers haters. I wont bet with them. Not sure if thats bigotry or pettiness however.

I just knew my post would be pointed out! :lol:

Paddy Power always do this shit, it's just a publicity stunt. Hope they get fucked over and Stoke stay up.

Yeah, like Man U fucked them over when they came back and won the league (or was it the other way round?)

its a way of freeing up money they know will be paid out in may when the season finishes and with no football left people would just take the money and run whereas in august they will be hoping punters have another nibble and they can recoup some of the money theyve lost