***US Open thread***

Andy Murray is on at around 7pm I think.

Who are we tipping to win it?

Anyone see Federer posing a threat?

I can't see anyone beating Nadal.

Hopefully Murray has a good run though :)

Up against Sergio Roitman who is 7/17 for the year, should we a stroll in the park in the 1st round.

-Llodra in the 2nd, started the year well with 2 ATP tournies but has faded badly and Murray should be comfortable in this one.

-Feliciano Lopez in the 3rd round, beaten him easily this year already, holds a 2-0 career record against the Spaniard.

-Wawrinka in the 4th, 3-3 career record but Murray has won 3 of last 4. In a best of 5 set match, Murray will be too tough.

-David Ferrer in the 1/4 final. Moved up to 4th in the world this year, 1-1 career record but not comfortable on Hard Courts - I fancy Murray again.

-Nadal in the 1/2 final. 70-8 for the year, won each of 5 previous meetings, his run should end here.

Semi's would indeed be fantastic, and would represent his best performance in a Grand Slam.

If he continues his hard court form that has seen him rise to 6th in the rankings he should make the semi's and hopefully give Nadal a run for his money(although Nadal will win as he is head and shoulders above the rest ATM).

I watched some of Murray, nice performance and his winning shot was fantastic. He should defiantely get at least the 1/4 final but this draw is the easiest he will ever get in a grand slam so semi is a realistic target.

Rafa apparently was having some trouble with blisters today, hopefully that gets really bad over the next few rounds before he plays andy!! I would love to think that Murray could cause an upset but I don't see it, Rafa is just so good atm!!

I watched some of Murray, nice performance and his winning shot was fantastic. He should defiantely get at least the 1/4 final but this draw is the easiest he will ever get in a grand slam so semi is a realistic target.

Rafa apparently was having some trouble with blisters today, hopefully that gets really bad over the next few rounds before he plays andy!! I would love to think that Murray could cause an upset but I don't see it, Rafa is just so good atm!!

(tu) how often do you see them hitting the net let alone being a perfect winner!?