Darren Fletcher

Scott-RFC

I saw an article by Robin Galloway :rolleyes: today saying how wonderful Fletcher, best Scottish player of the decade etc and how he was the perfect choice for Scotland captain this weekend, i just dont see it

I think hes decent enough for Man Utd, works hard, pops up with the odd goal, pretty limited but a good squad player amongst the Ronaldos and Scholes of the world. However for Scotland he just frustrates the hell out of me. I watched him closely in the Iceland game and his passing accuracy must have been about 20% and when it broke down he seemed to be just about the last man back.

For someone whos career success is supposedly based on a fantastic work rate at man Utd, i just dont see it for Scotland , perhaps he thinks hes the star man because he plays for the European Champions but from his Scotland performances you could never tell. He would be about my last choice for Scotland captain

I saw an article by Robin Galloway :rolleyes: today saying how wonderful Fletcher, best Scottish player of the decade etc and how he was the perfect choice for Scotland captain this weekend, i just dont see it

I think hes decent enough for Man Utd, works hard, pops up with the odd goal, pretty limited but a good squad player amongst the Ronaldos and Scholes of the world. However for Scotland he just frustrates the hell out of me. I watched him closely in the Iceland game and his passing accuracy must have been about 20% and when it broke down he seemed to be just about the last man back.

For someone whos career success is supposedly based on a fantastic work rate at man Utd, i just dont see it for Scotland , perhaps he thinks hes the star man because he plays for the European Champions but from his Scotland performances you could never tell. He would be about my last choice for Scotland captain

Fletcher gets the same stick as Ferguson thats all i going to say on the matter!

But i have alot of respect for Fletcher he choose his country of his birth, unlike a certain 2 plastic paddies :angry2:

Fletcher is a great player

Still hasnt reached his peak yet

I agree, you don't make it Man Utd if your not a top player. You would get found out very quickly.

Although people have said he is SAF favourite I cannot see a man like him having "favourites" ;)

Reckon he's a good player but he doesn't strike me as having the leadership quallity you'd expect from a captain.

Though in saying that I dont know who else I'd give the role to, possibly Gordon???

I rate him, but do i think he's good enough for Man Utd? No.

Mark Hateley had a go at his Scotland performances yesterday, and rightly so. Fletcher has been utterly mediocre for his country.

He is a good player... when played in his preffered position.

Its the opposite with Hartley, he's awful with Celtic but does a good shift when it comes to playing for Scotland.

Miller was the same.

This awfully reminds me of the Dejan Stankovic debate we have in Serbian media.

The man's playing consistently good in Serie A for years (and for good clubs at that), but he's utter pants for the national team. And he's the team captain as well.