Roma Fans - UVF Banner

wullybear

I was out on the bevy yesterday with a half italian jambo, who is as loyalist as they come.

He was telling me about the time, they were going back to Italy on holiday and him and his bro were in the car singing the sash to pass the time(when they were in their early teens), apparently his Itialian father was a bit shocked to say the least. :lol:

theres another special relationship fucked :rolleyes:

:lol:

I presume we are celebrating the Ulster Voulenteers of the 1st World war and not the paramilitary organisation of the 70,s & 80's ?

Yeah but what were Roma celebrating? thats what Id be interested to know.

But the sheer irony of a team from Rome with a UVF flag is hilarious! :lol:

It'll be due to fighting the fascists and pseudo-fascists, since they're generally a left-leaning support.

That's why lefty Empoli have a soft spot for us and our British identity, as seen in my avatar. I distantly know a couple of leftyy-tims who are outraged by this link, which pleases me so much more than a tad. :D

See thats where my ignorance comes in, I always thought that Roma were a right-leaning support. Im probably getting them mixed up with someone else though. Thanks for putting me right :lol:

Is your avatar Empoli's ultras?

I presume we are celebrating the Ulster Voulenteers of the 1st World war and not the paramilitary organisation of the 70,s & 80's ?

It'll be due to fighting the fascists and pseudo-fascists, since they're generally a left-leaning support.

That's why lefty Empoli have a soft spot for us and our British identity, as seen in my avatar. I distantly know a couple of leftyy-tims who are outraged by this link, which pleases me so much more than a tad. :D

See thats where my ignorance comes in, I always thought that Roma were a right-leaning support. Im probably getting them mixed up with someone else though. Thanks for putting me right :lol:

lazio are right wing i believe.. hence the nickname nazio

lazio are right wing i believe.. hence the nickname nazio

And Lazio are from Rome as well arent they? That'll be where Im getting mixed up. doh

Ive always thought Juve fans were dick heads as well, not just Del Juve :lol:

Lazio are the right leaning club and Roma have had a mixed history but are mainly left in recent times. A lot of people say that right wingers are on both sides but mainly Lazio, hence Di Canio's Nazi/Roman salute.

A lost of clubs have political leanings in Italy and Empoli and Livorno are seen as the main lefties, as far as I know.

Lazio are the right leaning club and Roma have had a mixed history but are mainly left in recent times. A lot of people say that right wingers are on both sides but mainly Lazio, hence Di Canio's Nazi/Roman salute.

A lost of clubs have political leanings in Italy and Empoli and Livorno are seen as the main lefties, as far as I know.

------------------------------------------

I would just love to take some of you guys over to Italy and talk to the people in the know.

The three big right wing teams are Fiorentina, Hellas Verona and Lazio. The rest of them are left wing. All of them are Catholics, ALL !

I was at the Fiorentina Everton UEFA Cup game last season and there was a few guys wearing Sellik bunnets (It was snowing) I was in the home end with the Ultras and for obvious reasons pulled up a couple of guys. FFS, all the way to Florence to see this.

A lot of Italians are confused about the politics of Nortern Ireland and the UK and dont really understand the correct political ground to stand on.

I would just love to take some of you guys over to Italy and talk to the people in the know.

The three big right wing teams are Fiorentina, Hellas Verona and Lazio. The rest of them are left wing. All of them are Catholics, ALL !

I was at the Fiorentina Everton UEFA Cup game last season and there was a few guys wearing Sellik bunnets (It was snowing) I was in the home end with the Ultras and for obvious reasons pulled up a couple of guys. FFS, all the way to Florence to see this.

A lot of Italians are confused about the politics of Nortern Ireland and the UK and dont really understand the correct political ground to stand on.

Are Como not another right wing team? a bit further down the leagues now though.

With quite a excitable support. Banning orders have changed things for them in Italy i was told, like in england and Here now as well, i suppose.

What links do we have Empoli? Just as their main group name is Rangers doesn't mean it has anything to do with us. It's common named used by groups, Pisa and Pescara another two who have a group called Rangers.

Roma are no longer a left club with groups like Tradizione and Boys who have over taken the previously left groups like Fedayn and C.U.C.S as the main groups. In recent year there has been many swastikas and Mussolini flags in the Curva Sud. The increase of Casuals over Ultras has also seen the Rise in Right Wing views.

They also have a small group called Irish Clan who are a bunch of IRA Loving scum. The group just along from the flag Fedayn are generally seen as a left group even the name is picked by mostly left groups.

Some groups are not clued up on things like Bobby Sands being seen as a White Nationalist by some sections of Lazio fans lol.

I used to have loads of pics of Ultras with Ulster and Loyalist flags. Can't find them the now lol.

So you are saying Inter, Juve and Palermo are lefties :lol:(td)

So you are saying Inter, Juve and Palermo are lefties :lol:(td)

Surely means livorno,

Maybe you should, because that's is crap.

Inter, Juve, Roma,... are also right winged.

Fiorentina not right winged. They may have some right-winged fans but their Ultras are either left or non-political.

And so what, religion plays no part in Italy, for example there used to be a group of Bears who went to Napoli a lot. You can't get more Catholic than the South of Italy.