Prince Naseem Hamed

CF5LOYAL

And I loved him. Back in the day Naz was different class, a true showman who although sometimes took it too far was always value for money.

I admit he was out of his depth against Barrera but wish he done what Hatton did and come back for more. There could have been many more great fights involving the Prince. Morales, Corrales etc could have been possibly great fights.

:lol:

A horrible wee gobshyte. I was off the couch cheering when he got leathered.

He was just like Amir Khan, but with a big mouth. I'd like to see him make a comeback so he could get battered all over the ring by some nobody.

(td)

He retired the second his sorry arse hit the canvas, wee gobshite got exactly what was coming to him.

He went on fighting nobody's, till he came up against a proper boxer, as Khan just has(too early imo)and we all know what happened their!

Great showman, limited boxer. He was protected a lot but it is a myt to say that he never beat any decent fighters. He was always exciting and had some good wins on his record.

He was above average but came up against a world class talent like Barrera and the difference in ability showed, he had no defence at all and obviously not the heart of a true champion as the best always come back stronger after a tough loss. He never managed this so you have to say is nowhere near the top level in boxing.

Great showman, limited boxer. He was protected a lot but it is a myt to say that he never beat any decent fighters. He was always exciting and had some good wins on his record.

He was above average but came up against a world class talent like Barrera and the difference in ability showed, he had no defence at all and obviously not the heart of a true champion as the best always come back stronger after a tough loss. He never managed this so you have to say is nowhere near the top level in boxing.

Agreed!

He always put on a great show and he was lightning quick!

I wouldnt say limited boxer i just think he got caught up in his own hype and paid the price...

When you see that clip he actually took some decent hit and had the chin to take them, was a big of a cunt outside the ring but thats what he was all about!

I loved him and was pretty gutted for him when he got battered.

I thought he was great entertainment, he never fought nobodys and beat alot of top fighters, unfortunately as soon as he beat Steve Robinson ( who was not the best I admit ) he never trained or worked to the same extent and purely relied on his power and Barrera when they eventually met was more than a match for him and outboxed hime fairly easily.

However, Hamed as a Super Bantamweight before going to Feather was a far better fighter than he was even when he became World Champ and he had the ability to beat them all even Barrera as a Super Bantam imo but his discipline let him down and he wasted his talent to a certain extent. Dont ever compare Khan to him because depite the fact he got knocked down a few times he could take a shot and always recovered quickly.

Hamed is something we miss from boxing.

Love him, or hate him.... You still talked about him and you still watched him. I've been watching boxing for the last 15yrs, and he's been the most watchable in that time. A character in the ring.

Sadly for Hamed, there was a lot of unrealised potential. Once he decided he knew best, and split from Ingle, etc... It was all downhill. Even though Barrera beat him, he never knocked him out. It would of been interesting to see Naz fight Barrera if he was still under Ingles wing, as I think it would of been a much closer fight.

To be honest mate, I think it was going downhill well before he left Ingle as I said, you are bang on though, alot of unrealised potential, still one of our best fighters though and nobody has been more exciting in my opinion.

Absolutely spot on. I think there were many who, just be defending and hitting the the open target when he got frustrated, could have rattled him.

I strongly suspect that several of his fights were fixed.