Berwick Rangers v Rangers 1967

minstral

Was walking past Shielfield Park yesterday, the place where we suffered in my eyes our worst ever defeat. It brought back all the bad memories and as i was standing there, your mind plays tricks, and it was as if you could hear all the roars and noise from the park that day.

How we lost that day i will never know, as we battered the Berwick goal from kick off, but Jock Wallace was outstanding and saved everything that day. Willie Henderson, and Willie Johnston nearly scored early in the game. But after 37 minutes disaster struck, and Sammy Reid scored for Berwick, and after that it was like the Alamo.

We attacked non stop for the rest of the game but big Jock was saving everything, plus their goal had a charmed life. Willie Johnston broke his leg and Davie Wilson came on to replace him and nearly scored right away. I am sure that Ainslie hit the post for Berwick, but we had every player attacking apart from our keeper trying to get that goal to draw us level.

Even although the ref played 4 minutes of injury time, it was not to be, and i stood there in shock along with all our other fans. To be honest as i headed home yesterday, the pain is still the same as it was all those years ago and will never leave me.

:pipe:

Seriously though, that would have shite to be at and if it happened now, I would shut myself off from the outside world for a few days to avoid the gloating and the anger being shown by our fans

MisterC it would have been carnage after that result.

Was walking past Shielfield Park yesterday, the place where we suffered in my eyes our worst ever defeat. It brought back all the bad memories and as i was standing there, your mind plays tricks, and it was as if you could hear all the roars and noise from the park that day.

How we lost that day i will never know, as we battered the Berwick goal from kick off, but Jock Wallace was outstanding and saved everything that day. Willie Henderson, and Willie Johnston nearly scored early in the game. But after 37 minutes disaster struck, and Sammy Reid scored for Berwick, and after that it was like the Alamo.

We attacked non stop for the rest of the game but big Jock was saving everything, plus their goal had a charmed life. Willie Johnston broke his leg and Davie Wilson came on to replace him and nearly scored right away. I am sure that Ainslie hit the post for Berwick, but we had every player attacking apart from our keeper trying to get that goal to draw us level.

Even although the ref played 4 minutes of injury time, it was not to be, and i stood there in shock along with all our other fans. To be honest as i headed home yesterday, the pain is still the same as it was all those years ago and will never leave me.

Nice read. Thanks for that. (tu)

Did we get pulled for any dodgy songs mate? :crabflute:

Was not very nice Colonel and still haunts me, and the worse thing is i pass the ground nearly every day.

I suppose the one thing you could say about passing it every day is, that it's one of the most historic sites in the history of RFC.

Scotland's national historical sites include those where we lost our greatest battles, as well as those where we won our greatest battles.

The same applies to Rangers, I suppose.

I hope you cry real tears every day. :D