***Rangers in Div 3 Patch ready for Download***

Marky.

UPDATED PATCH UPLOADED, SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS

Hi guys,

I'm sure many of you already have patches of some sort for Football Manager 2012, but I thought for the ones who maybe aren't too sure how to, or don't yet have a patch, I would create an edit of my own and upload it all for you to download.

The patch sees Rangers in division 3 and in no European competition. I have checked it and tested it quickly but if you have any problems, please tell me so I can try to fix it.

MY FILE http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9mtlt32gmkqmyg6

Here are the instructions of how to download and put the patch into your game.

You must have the latest update for FM I think it's 1.2 or something? Anyway,

Download and extract the file too:

Documents/ SI / FM12 / Editor data... If there is no editor data folder there, then create one

Mac Users:

Download and extract the files, extract to:

Macintosh HD/userss/Name.../Documents/ SI / FM12 /editor data... once again create a editor data if there is not one

Then Start a new game. a box will appear when you click new game. Bottom right of that is a change button. tick it and continue, Next screen tick my Update... Then continue

***Important*** My patch alone does not have Rangers out of Europe, but thankfully D Diggler helped me get around this problem. If you want to be in the Europa League, then this is not required, but if you don't then please follow these instructions:

Download this file: http://www.2shared.com/document/DrvWMuCj/FM12_Club_Coefficients__EU_Pla.html

Put it into the same folder for editing files.

********When you begin a new game, at the bottom right it will ask you to change your edit files if you wish. MAKE SURE that you tick BOTH my file, and the file above for the patch to fully work without Rangers in any European competition********

Extremely Important Look a few posts down at D. Diggler's post, it will get you a guide of how to get us out of administration as it is something that the editor can't help.

I hope everyone enjoys the patch and I certainly hope it works without too much problem. Post some of your achievements here as you play through the game.

Thanks everyone.

Oh and if anyone has any requests on how I can alter the edit, I could make some more edits for the use of an individual, like if someone wants to be a lower reputation to make it quite difficult, I can make it and send it to them for individual use instead of changing the whole edit for one person (tu).

Thanks.

UPDATE

Edit: Here is the file that contains the same update, just with more transfers, everyone before Sebastian Faure, I never put him in when I updated the file, apologies, and enjoy.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6dqpctmd12g1/n/MarkyG360_update.xml

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job on this. Already a year in to my own edit so I won't be using it but hope everything's alright with it. (tu)

I'll post this here just in case we're still in admin and someone doesn't know how to fix it.

My Computer > (C:) > Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Football Manager 2012 > Data > DB > 1220 > edt

Then right click on "start_in_admin.edt" and click edit/open with and select notepad. Just delete the line:

"START_IN_ADMIN" "Rangers"

Save & exit.

When I go into my db folder, I have nothing in there <cr>

You need to go to My Computer > C drive > Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > Common > Football manager 12 > Data > DB > 1220 > edt.

It's a different folder to the one I assume your going ot which is in Sports Interactive - I've got nothing in that folder either, but if you go via my comp > C drive etc you should have something there, and open it in notepad to edit it (tu)

How do I get there on a Mac :lol:

Shizen, emm Diggler? :P Is there not a way to get to your C drive? if you can get there, you just got to find the program files folder and from there it's fine, but not sure which drive it will be in, or exactly how to get there :/ Got a Mac beside me though, I will try get there.

Shizen, emm Diggler? :P Is there not a way to get to your C drive? if you can get there, you just got to find the program files folder and from there it's fine, but not sure which drive it will be in, or exactly how to get there :/ Got a Mac beside me though, I will try get there.

Sorry, no clue when it comes to Macs.

I'm on a mac too mate, I searched the file name in Finder and got it but when I opened it there was nothing to do with Rangers in it. I'm starting up a new game now to see if we're in admin or not. (tu)

Give us a shout if we're in Admin or not, in the mean time, I will get researching to see if there is a way to change it...

I'm on a mac too mate, I searched the file name in Finder and got it but when I opened it there was nothing to do with Rangers in it. I'm starting up a new game now to see if we're in admin or not. (tu)

Did it say like "Start in admin" - "Portsmouth" but not Rangers? or did it say nothing like that?

Still can't find it :lol:

Try searching on the Mac "Start_In_Admin"

Otherwise - do you have the latest update of FM? 12.2? It is required for the patch and would probably solve the problem and allow you to find the file.

Just started up, still in receivership Go to finder and type start_in_admin and it should bring up the file. Right click it and open with textpad.

Problem is for me that when I've found this file I get this :

## Start In Administration ##

# Start In Administration parameters:

# "START_IN_ADMIN" "Club Name"

# e.g "START_IN_ADMIN" "Portsmouth"

#

# When adding clubs to start in administration, make sure club finances in the starting DB are

# set to reflect the financial distress. Also consider adding a transfer embargo in the appropriate

# EDT file. Also, the club should not yet have a CVA setup in the DB as one will be negotiated in the

# game when the club exits administration.

#

PS. I'm using 12.2

Just started up, still in receivership Go to finder and type start_in_admin and it should bring up the file. Right click it and open with textpad.

#

# When adding clubs to start in administration, make sure club finances in the starting DB are

# set to reflect the financial distress. Also consider adding a transfer embargo in the appropriate

# EDT file. Also, the club should not yet have a CVA setup in the DB as one will be negotiated in the

#

PS. I'm using 12.2

Ok, if should say "Start_In_ADMIN" "RANGERS" - which you should delete and save, then that should be it, if it's there <cr>

#

#

PS. I'm using 12.2

Orrrrrrr the problem could be that START_IN_ADMIN file is actually from 1200 rather than the 1220 - if you find the 1220 it will have Rangers there for you to delete I'd assume?

When I search for the file nothing comes up for me. it's ok though, I don't mind starting in admin.

Most likely get bought within a short space of time anyway, but it has it's limitations until then :( I'm going to keep searching and get this sorted for you.

Most likely get bought within a short space of time anyway, but it has it's limitations until then :( I'm going to keep searching and get this sorted for you.

:lol: It's ok mate, loving it so far, just promoted loads of youth players :lol:

What kind of players can we attract btw?

When I search for the file nothing comes up for me. it's ok though, I don't mind starting in admin.

The file is called start_in_admin and really, if you search it in finder and see it, just put it in the trash, it's not necessary for us, and will save Pompey and Darlington too!