***Rangers in Div 3 Patch ready for Download***

Marky.

:lol: It's ok mate, loving it so far, just promoted loads of youth players :lol:

What kind of players can we attract btw?

In admin you are limited, though if you manage to get out, you'll be able to sign Sandaza for free, Jennings, Kenneth, spl players like that, most national reputation players, but Ian Black wont sign, neither will any former players like McGregor or Aluko. You shouldn't struggle immensely to sign players that in real life would be realistic, but there will probably be ones who would sign that in real life would be unlikely, like Zac Whitbread who is always recommended.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started up, still in receivership Go to finder and type start_in_admin and it should bring up the file. Right click it and open with textpad.

Problem is for me that when I've found this file I get this :

## Start In Administration ##

# Start In Administration parameters:

# "START_IN_ADMIN" "Club Name"

# e.g "START_IN_ADMIN" "Portsmouth"

#

# When adding clubs to start in administration, make sure club finances in the starting DB are

# set to reflect the financial distress. Also consider adding a transfer embargo in the appropriate

# EDT file. Also, the club should not yet have a CVA setup in the DB as one will be negotiated in the

# game when the club exits administration.

#

PS. I'm using 12.2

Says on a website that if you remove that to trash, it shouldn't harm the game, so maybe remove to trash, and if anything fucks up move it back. I do think you will be ok just deleting the file though (tu)

Orrrrrrr the problem could be that START_IN_ADMIN file is actually from 1200 rather than the 1220 - if you find the 1220 it will have Rangers there for you to delete I'd assume?

That makes sense but there is no 1220 folder <cr>

I even tried just deleting the file in the 1200 folder but it didn't make a difference (not that it would now that I realise that isn't the patch folder)

In admin you are limited, though if you manage to get out, you'll be able to sign Sandaza for free, Jennings, Kenneth, spl players like that, most national reputation players, but Ian Black wont sign, neither will any former players like McGregor or Aluko. You shouldn't struggle immensely to sign players that in real life would be realistic, but there will probably be ones who would sign that in real life would be unlikely, like Zac Whitbread who is always recommended.

Ian Black has already signed for St Mirren, transfer embargo lifted so I am starting to see who I can sign. Just need to be bought over now :lol:

Ian Black has already signed for St Mirren, transfer embargo lifted so I am starting to see who I can sign. Just need to be bought over now :lol:

Have you tried searching just "edt" its the folder, so if you search it and it shows up, then ding ding ding winner.

And yeah, there will be an embargo later on, starting in September 2012, so better get signing ;)

That makes sense but there is no 1220 folder <cr>

I even tried just deleting the file in the 1200 folder but it didn't make a difference (not that it would now that I realise that isn't the patch folder)

Search folder "edt" and see what you get, that's the folder containing all the edt files, like the admin one so take a look and see if you can find that folder, and if you can, see if it has any relevance.

Have you found Steam Apps folder yet? or any folder in Diggler's path to find the file?

Have you tried searching just "edt" its the folder, so if you search it and it shows up, then ding ding ding winner.

And yeah, there will be an embargo later on, starting in September 2012, so better get signing ;)

Nope can't find the folder :lol: A consortium is planning a takeover so I should be ok.

Nope can't find the folder :lol: A consortium is planning a takeover so I should be ok.

Ok, sorry mate. There will definitely be a way around it, but hey, if you still manage to get through it, you'll have achieved more than any of us PC users :lol:

I've found the folder ok but just for 1200, I don't know why the fuck 1220 isn't there :angry:

Shit like this does my head in.

I went into the FM Editor and the 'administration' box isn't ticked for Rangers on either your update or the patch.

I've found the folder ok but just for 1200, I don't know why the fuck 1220 isn't there :angry:

Shit like this does my head in.

I went into the FM Editor and the 'administration' box isn't ticked for Rangers on either your update or the patch.

That doesn't matter though, they still have this "Start_In_Admin" thing which can cause the same damage as that box being ticked :( Really annoys me too, but want to try see if you can download an update for FM? It should really come with the update, so using steam, search for an update on FM12 and see how you go from there. That could be it. I hope so.

I just tried to sign Chris Wood on loan, he agreed to join, but the transfer couldn't be confirmed? Any reason?

Still in receivership so the board will be cutting costs and not letting you sign anyone unless they are taken over :(

This administration thing messes a lot up unfortunately, because it would work perfectly if we could figure out how to overcome it on the Mac! :angry::(

Still in receivership so the board will be cutting costs and not letting you sign anyone unless they are taken over :(

This administration thing messes a lot up unfortunately, because it would work perfectly if we could figure out how to overcome it on the Mac! :angry::(

No worries mate, takeover complete :crabflute:

Takeover complete by mid-July :uk:

Sorted! You'll be fine then. I know you get taken over quickly, but thought administration would cause you to just not be bothered, so fair play to you for sticking with it (tu)

Sorted! You'll be fine then. I know you get taken over quickly, but thought administration would cause you to just not be bothered, so fair play to you for sticking with it (tu)

I don't mind tbh, just as long as I didn't lose a lot of players. Also, thanks for warning me about the 2012 transfer embargo, I'd never have thought to buy ahead. :lol:

I don't mind tbh, just as long as I didn't lose a lot of players. Also, thanks for warning me about the 2012 transfer embargo, I'd never have thought to buy ahead. :lol:

Thought I may as well include it, but it's one season later, so your div 2 team will be your div 1 team, so hopefully you have a good summer 2012 :)

Kill. Me. Now.

I hate macs.

May as well try get one started anyway, as Bluenose_72 said, takeover is almost instant if you start in July, so may as well and it will be normal before you know it mate (tu):)

For the people who's having the admin problem on mac, before you start a new game go to; preferences > extra files > and untick the start in admin box. That should remove us from admin and change the chairman status from looking to leave.

EDIT: Also, if there's anybody looking for a striker I'd recommend Ahmed Soukouna. Scored 25 goals in 14 for me so far and he's been injured for a few months!

For mac users the library folder is hidden by default. To unhide it go on terminal and type in

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

then go to Macintosh HD/Users/'your user name'/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Football manager 12/Data/DB/1220/edt.

next open start_in_admin.edt with text editor and delete the line "START_IN_ADMIN" "Rangers"

then save and quit.

For mac users the library folder is hidden by default. To unhide it go on terminal and type in

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

then go to Macintosh HD/Users/'your user name'/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Football manager 12/Data/DB/1220/edt.

next open start_in_admin.edt with text editor and delete the line "START_IN_ADMIN" "Rangers"

then save and quit.

Unreal mate, thank you :praise: