Whats the best old firm game ever?

Dado

Whats your favourite OF game you have seen?

Also whats the best OF game you have seen that your side didnt win?

For me the 5-1 game with Gio and Co and the 3-3 with Pierre Goram etc, were two of the very best.

the 3-3 game wen the tims dancin bout after they made it 2-1 we ran up park and de boer scored :D:lol: or the 2-0 game with douglas howler from vignals shot :D but the 1 that stands out Celtics day of shame 3-0 :unsure::D:lol:

Guest greengrass

1-0 Sutton. (90th Minute) at CP for the whitewash.. rangers fans all celebrating the draw.. in the rear of the picture as sutton heads for goal .. then deft chip lob. into top corner and the blue end falls silent. :lol:

what a day.

also 6-2 game was pretty enjoying aswell.

Greengrass

I think the question also asked for an old Firm game that your side didn't win.

Now, when i read that I thought to myself, there is no way the Celtic fans on here will even acknowledge that they have never lost an old Firm game

Seems I was right.

My fav was the 1-0 game at Parkhead when Van Vossen missed that open goal, Gazza missed a penalty, PVH missed a penalty

I couldnt sit down for about 30minutes doh

Absolute wonderful game

I agree with this. And I watched it in a Tim pub. Marvellous evening that was.

Guest greengrass
Greengrass

I think the question also asked for an old Firm game that your side didn't win.

Now, when i read that I thought to myself, there is no way the Celtic fans on here will even acknowledge that they have never lost an old Firm game

Seems I was right.

well its been a while. :ph43r:

Rangers have Scored 1 Goal In The Last 6 Old Firm Encounters..

Lost 5 of the Last 6. Drawing 1.

.A Total of 4 wins in The Last 25 Old Firm Encounters.

2 Draws.

and Celtic Winning A Whopping 19 Of The last 25.

(spl)

Guest greengrass
again, avoiding the question because it doesnt suit your agenda

classy response.

So you have no favorite old Firm game where your team didnt win? 

Then why post at all?

why would i have a favourite old firm game in we got beat.

thats just dumb. it wouldnt be one of my favourites then would it ?

so again in answer to the original post.

Whats your favourite OF game you have seen?

(sutton 1-0) or the 6-2 game. as i was at both.memorable for me.

Also whats the best OF game you have seen that your side didnt win?

- None. ...

if pushed . the 1-1 clogfest the other week. hows that.

:lol:

i thought the best games were the ones when Tommy Burns was Celtics manager. i actually thought that side was a joy to watch and we struggled to contain them time after time. IMO you turfed Tommy too soon.

Those games were the best ones to watch as far as I am concerned.

Then going back further to the games in the mid 80s. I remember one wthat I thik finished 3-3 but it was 3-2 to us after 20 mins. Just crazy.

yeah, shocking! LOL

Actually, I despair when i see fans so blinded that they are unable to give credit to the other side.

I will say though that in my experience that is a trait that is more prevalent on the Celtic side than ours. This thread is a good example, most Gers posters have given examples of old Firm games that their side didnt win that they enjoyed the game. However, we have yet to receive one such example from the Celtic side.

But I agree, it is sad when the blinkers are on full stop

Guest greengrass
Did Tommy Burns quit?  or was he pushed. 

Lets face it, he was pushed.  Unfairly in my opinion.  he put together a very attractive side to watch

very attractive attacking side to watch yep...

who won hee-haw. no point in playing all fancy football and playing teams off the park .. when 9 out of 10 times.. rangers bang up the park 1-0.. results driven buisness. wich yes probably cost him his job. as only results matter in this game. like to play good football sure it great to watch at times.. but its results that matters. period.

but when you thik what Celtic had immediately before Burns, you have to admit that things were improving by leaps and bounds. And you also have to remember that Rangers at that time had a very good and settled side.

Still, Celtic were outplaying them on a regular basis and I was sure that if Celtic had stuck by Burns then those 1-0 close things would have turned into wins before too long.

Those sides were only an Artur Boric away from being very good.

Everyone mentions PVH or JC but I thought you guys played your best when Thom was on his games. A smashing player. In fact, if you gave me the choice of Moravcik or Thom i'd take Thom every time

agreed

he was a great wee player. used to scare the living poop outa me when he had the ball. More so than the other stars you had back then

Tommy got criticised for forgetting the defensive side of things but he made great strides with that team and I think it was a shame that he didnt get the chance to finish the job that he started

Guest greengrass

dunno about that cadete was one of the most prolific and natural goalscorers ive ever seen play for the hoops tbh... up thier with henrik... pity his head wasnt in the right place he could have been another henrik tbh.

1996-1997 (App 47 Goals 38._

Celtic manager Tommy Burns made way for new coach Wim Jansen and Cadete remained a Celtic player throughout the close season. Then, citing mental health issues and a failure to adjust to life in Scotland without his family, he requested a transfer. After failing to show for pre-season training he was transferred to La Liga outfit Celta Vigo for a fee of around ?3,500,000. Along with Pierre van Hooijdonk and Paolo Di Canio, Cadete was labelled as one of the "Three Amigos" by Celtic chairman Fergus McCann.

cadete was something else... thom pvh were great aswell tho no doubt about that di canio etc.

Well, I dont know if he thought about the attacking side too much. I always saw it that he only had a limited budget and was fixing the team one step at a time, from the front to the back. I am sure that if you gave him 2 more years he would have brought in more quality players to plug the back lines.

Yeah Cadette did fantastic for you guys, as did PVH and PDC. However as good as those players were, there was just something else about Thoms game that gave me kittens whenever you guys played us.

All of those 4 were good players though.

unfortunately, three of those players were a bit iffy on the temperament side. it ook Larsson coming along to show you that you could win with a player both on and off the field

So that was the era when IMO the Old Firm games were at their best. incidentally, I thik I am right in saying that was when Sky started to broadcast all the Old Firm games live on the box, as they kept hearing about these amazing games that we used to have