The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

From the Record.

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club he loves

Nov 18 2010 Keith Jackson

Craig Whyte started playing the stock market at the age of 15. By the time he left school he had more than £20,000 in his bank account.

Today, aged just 39, this financial whizzkid from Motherwell stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray. <cr>

his family drink in the war office in motherwell a rangers pub. hes a rangers fan.

his family drink in the war office in motherwell a rangers pub. hes a rangers fan.

Probably just a case of supporting your local team but his real love is The Rangers

Probably just a case of supporting your local team but his real love is The Rangers

I'm originally from Wishaw, and a lot of Bears I knew would go to Fir Park and support the Well when they were playing the taigs .

Of course he is, of course they do, that's why he and his faither were founder members of the now long gone Vice Presidents club, and why he never had the murderwell scarf aff his neck in the Gallowgate shop.

Of course he is, of course they do, that's why he and his faither were founder members of the now long gone Vice Presidents club, and why he never had the murderwell scarf aff his neck in the Gallowgate shop.

sure he did.

:praise: AJ is class.

Gives me goosebumps.

Ano mate seems to do fuck all for months then when it gets to the business end hes in amoungst it

interesting to read that there was a end of march deadline.

all sounds very promising

As in it was meant to be done for end of march but there was just a couple of wee things to sort out so we gave it an extra couple eh days to get it done :sherlock:

I like this quote

Johnston said: "I think he is a businessman who is very bright. I think he has been very strategic, historically, in how successful he has been.

"He has done it by keeping his cards very close to his chest.

"I could tell his analysis was very enthusiastic but realistic. I would say he is aspirational but realistic"

No wonder people would think he doesn't own a pot.

Johnston knows a successful person when he sees one as he's spent years working with them.

cheers mate, just give me a kick if i don't answer right away :P

on a side note, STV just reported that we are closer to 29 million in debt than 22 million. are thay just talking shite i assume?

It'll be up to 45 million by Monday...and Dermot Desmond will make a lastr minute buy out to stave us from closure!

I like this quote

Johnston said: "I think he is a businessman who is very bright. I think he has been very strategic, historically, in how successful he has been.

"I could tell his analysis was very enthusiastic but realistic. I would say he is aspirational but realistic

I liked that bit too mate...He seems like he knows what he wants to do and isnt being over ambitious. Tbh NO-ONE knows how much he has and that could be a good think but he defo has enough to convince the board that he can take the club forward successfully so that suits me

I like this quote

"I could tell his analysis was very enthusiastic but realistic. I would say he is aspirational but realistic"

Johnston knows a successful person when he sees one as he's spent years working with them.

cartman thinks hes skint.