The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

fuck sake indeed but its a legitimate thing hes asking for considering no one knew about it until 3 week ago

Ano but i just hope MIH pays it in the best interests if the club. If this takeover goes through, it'll be massive for everyone involved with Rangers. Just want to know why murray kept this one secret. :@

CHICK YOUNGS A FANNY!

and there it is

if that tax bill of 2.8 million isnae paid by murray's group then whyte will not buy the club.

Seems a strange one, I expect Murray to be held accountable for it but surely with the debts being lower now than when Whyte first showed interest the £2.8 million tax bill should be negligible?

I would be incredibly surprised if Slippery D hasn't known about this tax burden all along, I'm happy that Whyte has been patient with this deal otherwise that could've been £3m less for the team/wages etc. Why should Whyte and Rangers pay for Murrays dodgy dealings in the past

I would be incredibly surprised if Slippery D hasn't known about this tax burden all along, I'm happy that Whyte has been patient with this deal otherwise that could've been £3m less for the team/wages etc. Why should Whyte and Rangers pay for Murrays dodgy dealings in the past

These are taxes due by the club, not any one person. Unfortunately, it appears SDM has taken some pretty poor tax advice in the past and now we seem to be getting billed (the £2.8mill I'm talking about, I don't even want to think about the potentially larger bill).

Hopefully SDM is willing to stump up the cash to get the takeover complete.

see the thing i just don't understand is that this new tax bill of 2.8 million was under davies watch, so there for he should be liable for it and not rangers fc or potential new owners.

It's a club tax bill, not a personal one.

That they're idiots.

Complicit? Maybe one of our number crunchers can explain, but I find it hard to believe that a £2.8m tax demand would come in without any prior correspondence, and that every one of them was unaware of it.

Just heard Whyte has agreed a deal with Murray to take over Rangers. News will be filtering through..

:party:

I hope you are right and its not another one of my sister's aunt heard from her cab driver who heard from his brother who heard from his doctor etc stories.

While i would like to believe its done and dusted, i'm still of the notion that i will believe it when i see it, been too many ups and downs in terms of the takeover. Hope its true though :thumbup: