Rangers & Flamengo FC

Sorry if this is a repost but just wondering if anyone knows of any possible link between us and Flamengo FC, I noticed the badges are very similar and done a little bit of digging but all I could find was that Flamengo was originaly founded as a rowing club and also that Tom Vallance was also a rower? Anyone maybe no a little bit more?

A couple of years ago I saw a kid in London wearing a Flamengo shirt and I didn't know that's what their crest looked like at the time and I thought "what the fuck is that? someone should tell him there's no way that shirt is official Rangers merchandise" :lol::(

We were originally formed out of a rowing club up in Helensburgh

our rowing boys actually set off doon the Clyde and took the wrong turning at Arran......ended up 4 months later going doon the Amazon.....that's how it all began.....honest mate :D

Sorry if this is a repost but just wondering if anyone knows of any possible link between us and Flamengo FC, I noticed the badges are very similar and done a little bit of digging but all I could find was that Flamengo was originaly founded as a rowing club and also that Tom Vallance was also a rower? Anyone maybe no a little bit more?

Do they play in black and red?

The biggest club in Brazil in terms of support- they have something like 20m fans over there. Apparently, wearing a Flamengo top over there is more 'Brazilian' than wearing the Brazilian national team top itself.

I knew that would be you without even looking at your username :lol:

Is there anything you dont know about any team in the world?

The biggest club in Brazil in terms of support- they have something like 20m fans over there. Apparently, wearing a Flamengo top over there is more 'Brazilian' than wearing the Brazilian national team top itself.

Fucking hell.

Try 30 million ;)

And not just them, there's other clubs who have a similar badge, like Vasco Da Gama.

vasco.jpg

I think it must have something to do with British immigrants moving there.

They played the Tims at Hampden in a friendly, I think it was either 93 or 94, when the Piggery was getting 'upgraded'.

I was at this game :ph34r: think it finished 1-1.

I can always remember over the couple of days after it how the papers where full off how Celtic were going to sign Flemengo's young superstar Savio for a million quid lol