Overrated players past & present?

Gaz52

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, moody blue 1972 said:

Whoever wrote the list better go into hiding after putting this cunt second, he'll fucking annihilate him if he gets a hold of um!

hulk-1471777572-800.jpg

Good list though. Hard to disagree with any of them

Has anyone said John Stones, what was it £45 mil  - to be honest 70% or so of footballers are vastly overrated, the other 30% are just shit.  I thought that  boy James from Columbia was going to be the next big thing, turns out he's really not very good.

As an aside does anyone think Tav has went downhill since we all learned how to pronounce his name right  - looked great wen we were calling him Ta-ver-ni-er  :mutley:

9 hours ago, JamieD said:

Seems like a bizarre list to me. Starts off with some overrated players, becomes a list of crap players whom nobody rates.

Also slags off Kinkladze for having a better goalscoring rate than Zidane.

Hardly comparable levels they played at. Kinkladze is only overrated by City fans anyway. (I remember the 'your best ever player played for Ajax reserves' chant:happy:). Paul Walsh reckons he was one of the reasons City went into freefall.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Hardly comparable levels they played at. Kinkladze is only overrated by City fans anyway. (I remember the 'your best ever player played for Ajax reserves' chant:happy:). Paul Walsh reckons he was one of the reasons City went into freefall.

True, but then Kinkadze hardly had comparable team-mates :D 

Just seems a weird criticism of a playmaker to me. Plenty aren't big goalscorers, and the hideously inconsistent eastern european maestro is practically a genre of footballer all of its own. Like you say, I never though of him as being rated any higher than what he was, a show pony.

38 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I've got bad luck with the wordclass players like ibra or ronaldo for example, every time I seem to watch a match they are in they end up being utter pish :lol:

I call that the Ribery curse. I've considered sending him a message offering to never watch him play again in exchange for money.