The discipline of the full backs

RFC55

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I don't trust Tav to contain Sinclair for 90 minutes even if he doesn't cross the halfway line. Sinclair tore him apart on numerous occasions last season. Candeias has a big part to play in this respect for me.

I don't trust Tav fullstop. Sorry.

10 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

I don't trust Tav fullstop. Sorry.

I like Tav as a player, bags of talent but the OP is right. There were several occasions on Tuesday when we are 1 nil up and should be seeing the game out and he is the furthest advanced player. It does help that Candieas tracks back and puts in a shift. Plus some of that discipline needs to come from instructions from the bench.

5 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I don't trust Tav to contain Sinclair for 90 minutes even if he doesn't cross the halfway line. Sinclair tore him apart on numerous occasions last season. Candeias has a big part to play in this respect for me.

You're right, Candias can make the difference.

Even paedos won't argue the fact sinclair does fuck all defensively when tearney overlaps. 

Candias is a threat down the wing and covers for Tav defensively.

And if we have Jack at holding mid, and with McCrorie playing right side as one of the 3cb as a back up options for Candias when Tav overlaps, then tearney and sinclair are easily contained.