• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So we dont really know?

Ok, whatever mate, we'll say we dont know. We do know he was held in high enough regard by Walter to watch players and opponents so he atleast has some degree of experience, like my previous post says.

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I'm beginning to look like I'm fully supportive of this appointment when I'm not. I'm just trying to point out he maybe does have some experience and its not the as "jobs for the boys" as it seems. 

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Ok, whatever mate, we'll say we dont know. We do know he was held in high enough regard by Walter to watch players and opponents so he atleast has some degree of experience, like my previous post says.

I'd agree he has some experience. And was obviously trusted by Walter. My issue is that some (not you) appear to justify the appointment on the basis he scouted Cuellar and Vardy.

It's not really the case if he was sent there by Walter off the back of an earlier scouting report, and Rangers were one of plenty teams sniffing around Vardy.

He will be running our Scotland and UK Scouting network and has apparently been deemed the ideal (blank canvas) candidate to do so. I'm genuinely interested what makes him this when months ago he was apparently the ideal 3rd team coach. When was he even last a scout that covered the UK?

We need to be better than the bheasts in this field and I think understanding decisions like this one are valid. We cant afford cheap options or mistakes when we have so much ground to make up.

So yeah, some experience and a winning mentality without doubt. The right calibre of experience and the best person for the job I'd love someone to explain.

No one apparently can, so we'll just have to trust MA decision, hope for thr best, and see how it all pans out.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd agree he has some experience. And was obviously trusted by Walter. My issue is that some (not you) appear to justify the appointment on the basis he scouted Cuellar and Vardy.

It's not really the case if he was sent there by Walter off the back of an earlier scouting report, and Rangers were one of plenty teams sniffing around Vardy.

He will be running our Scotland and UK Scouting network and has apparently been deemed the ideal (blank canvas) candidate to do so. I'm genuinely interested what makes him this when months ago he was apparently the ideal 3rd team coach. When was he even last a scout that covered the UK?

We need to be better than the bheasts in this field and I think understanding decisions like this one are valid. We cant afford cheap options or mistakes when we have so much ground to make up.

So yeah, some experience and a winning mentality without doubt. The right calibre of experience and the best person for the job I'd love someone to explain.

No one apparently can, so we'll just have to trust MA decision, hope for thr best, and see how it all pans out.

I'm happy to admit I was a bit bemused when I saw the announcement. You could argue the points I'm making are clutching at straws and are only being brought to anyones attention to somehow justify the appointment. But Ive not even brought up how long he's been in the game, especially in this country, and the connections he must/should have, or the fact Mark Allens job and most likely reputation is on the line with this "blank canvas" scouting network. 

The points you've made are all valid, I cant and I'm not arguing with them. Do I think he is the very best man for the job? Probably not. I do think it could turn out to be a decent appointment however. I couldnt even tell you who the tims have as an equivalent so i couldnt compare. 

On Mark Allen, atleast brown will be working under his guidance. And it's his "blank canvas" decision. Maybe its a case of someone is better than no one, but given the time its taken that shouldn't be the basis of an excuse. Its his neck on the line.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Walter also held Ally in high enough regard to ensure he followed on as manager.

Well this is brillant news and for the 1st time in many a year we look as if we're taking on a very professional approach to this and a big club mentality towards our scouting. This will not be cheap and is a big thumbs up from me, getting recruitment done right will hopefully mean no more mass buying hoping we get a gem or 2.